My SFX100 Ultimate rig

Sarge... RCHeliguy, I believe, means he did not like the way the 'discussion' played out with too much rancor. The topic of the discussion could have been anything.
Possibly, but if i dont like a discussion i just dont bother reading it.
Look at any reviews of films, racing sims, or anything, you will also have those 'for and against' something.
By not wanting to watch, play or use them because of a discussion is a shame as you may be missing out on something great.
How about mobile, phones, the amount of discussions bringing one or the other down is ridiculous.
If you dont want to see people bicker for one reason or another, then a chat forum is maybe not the place for you (not aimed at anyone).

Upvote 0
The reason I kept reading is that I have a lot of respect for Mr Latte and his efforts and I think Thanos has made some useful contributions and developed a following for good reason.

This is tough because I do feel like this is a pretty blatant commercialization of an open source effort.

On the other hand Linux is open source, but there are "brands" of it that are supported by large companies like IBM. IBM supported the Linux effort to the tune of $1,000,000,000 so I think there is a good relationship there.

I don't know the specifics of this with regard to the SFX-100 project.

So let's just say I'm conflicted.

Upvote 0
You have one?

Yes, for over a year. I had a CS 1.5 before that.
I eyeballed it for a couple months before realizing that I was going to eventually get one, so I may as well start enjoying it now.

newHmount_4959.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Regardless how everyone feels about the aluminum parts nobody can deny that's a good looking rig. Nice job! How do you like that shifter? Ive been eyeing one for a while.
Thanks man.

There are just too few manual shifters around, and this one from Pro-sim is really the best you can get IMO. Is it "close to real life"? Certainly not. But it's far far better experience than other manual shifters. This a proper piece of equipment that put all others into the "toy" category.

My disappointment so far is the forever impending launch of the "hydraulic lock" option (which suppose to be de/activated by dis/engaging the clutch). This was one of the main reasons I was willing to invest in this shifter, but it's been two years since I got it and still no real news on this hydraulic lock.

Upvote 0
Thanks man.

There are just too few manual shifters around, and this one from Pro-sim is really the best you can get IMO. Is it "close to real life"? Certainly not. But it's far far better experience than other manual shifters. This a proper piece of equipment that put all others into the "toy" category.

My disappointment so far is the forever impending launch of the "hydraulic lock" option (which suppose to be de/activated by dis/engaging the clutch). This was one of the main reasons I was willing to invest in this shifter, but it's been two years since I got it and still no real news on this hydraulic lock.
Yeah that shifter is mind blowing, some money to lay out that man :D :p

Upvote 0

I'm all for science experiments, but you have to admit that is just a bit bulky and not likely to see production. It would be hard to fit that to a motion rig, and I think we can all agree it would have a very low WAF.

As much as many go for realism there are some practical constraints that most of us have to deal with. My constraints include having a rig my wife allows in our media room that can be easily rolled into the corner of the room when not in use.

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
I'm all for science experiments, but you have to admit that is just a bit bulky and not likely to see production. It would be hard to fit that to a motion rig, and I think we can all agree it would have a very low WAF.

As much as many go for realism there are some practical constraints that most of us have to deal with.
Similar to what this Japanese guy has on YT I’ll find his channel his rig is insane crazy also :D

this rig very mechanical also crazy

Upvote 0
Not economical usable for mass production is the most sense of DIY. Mounting needs a bit space but is anyway practicable.
The Difference is having a bit of gear linkage feeling not getting from other solutions.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 112 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years