My selfmade steering wheel on shapeways.com

Hi guys :)
I just ordered my new wheel on shapeways to test the quality of there products. As soon as i get it, ill make some more pics and show you the result :)

cm: 29.986 w x 4.1 d x 20.484 h
Mounting holes: 70mm

Here is a render of what i hopefully will get:

what do u think?

Regards
Erik

That's awesome, congratulations! The 3d printing seems alot cheaper in Europe than NA. Hope it's better than you thought it would be. I looked at milling a wheel out of polyethylene but had too many problems trying to sort out a bunch and ended up with a momo mod 101.
Anyways, looks awesome!

Upvote 0
Yes it is :) i bought 2 of them (the other one for my 350mm Sparco) and they are realy great! i got them from ebay for around 50 GBP (62€) plus shipping. they are rocksolid, i didnt expect such quality. Well spend money for sure :)

Upvote 0
I still think your new wheel is awesome.
I just looked up how much it would have cost had I 3D printed my design and it was $448 for white, and $560 for black (in Canadian dollars).
I certainly can't complain about my Momo Mod 101, but I sure would have like having something in my hands of my own design. The Momo was significantly cheaper though. I'm sure I would modify the design I wanted, but doubt the price would have dropped enough to actually get it done.
You should look into a coiled cable for your buttons, like on most race cars with QR wheels. I used an old telephone coiled cable. The wires were ridiculously small but I managed to make it work.
Again, high five for an awesome wheel!

Upvote 0
Thanks Gary :) Try to make a shell inside the wheel, it makes it much cheaper! As i want to use all 3 buttons on the wheel (4 green buttons and 2 on the back for the gears) i need more than 4 pins of the phone cable. i will try to make it with an RJ45 or an USB port. Thats why im waiting with the review, as i want to have it complete. :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back