F1 2010 My Season 4 Lotus Beast

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Yep, that's right. I'm in my 4th season now with Lotus and the car is a monster! The improvement it has made is staggering and it handles beautifully. Every year the car seems to improve even better then the previous! Season 2 to 3 was amazing but season 3 to 4 is out of this world! I think I'm in love and would severely recommend people to try this!

:woot:

I've already completed a career racing for 4 different teams and now I'm in near the end of the first season with Lotus in a new career. So I've just been contemplating if I should try and stay with one team this time and build them up, and after reading your post I think I'm gonna try staying with Lotus for most if not all of my career!

Prettypleased to hear this Tom, nearing end year 2 and staying with Lotus for yr 3. In 7 year career and want to take them all the way.
She is already rocking in late season 2!
Won Monza from Pole.
Better finish this season.

Not sure why people say Expert, when the highest is Legend. And even legend is pretty low. Getting ~10 podiums in 19 races with Torro Rosso is a bit un-realistic so I had to install AI Tool Kit and set the AI to 88% to give me a challange and make it quite hard to get into points now with Sauber in my 3rd season.

Not sure why people say Expert, when the highest is Legend. And even legend is pretty low. Getting ~10 podiums in 19 races with Torro Rosso is a bit un-realistic so I had to install AI Tool Kit and set the AI to 88% to give me a challange and make it quite hard to get into points now with Sauber in my 3rd season.

Install the True AI 1.4 mod if you want a challenge. I qualify against the Legend AI but only race against Pro AI as the AI in this mod are pretty tough during the races. I also use the AI toolkit to tweak corners if I notice the AI is too fast or too slow in a given corner. Oh also find a updated database file. The database file Code Masters gave us is a joke.

Install the True AI 1.4 mod if you want a challenge. I qualify against the Legend AI but only race against Pro AI as the AI in this mod are pretty tough during the races. I also use the AI toolkit to tweak corners if I notice the AI is too fast or too slow in a given corner. Oh also find a updated database file. The database file Code Masters gave us is a joke.

AI toolkit is faster :p. Top qualifying time with it in Bahrain is a 1:52 when set to max.

@Other guy, people say expert because its the hardest level with no assists, legend AI for the game anyway.

AI toolkit is faster :p. Top qualifying time with it in Bahrain is a 1:52 when set to max.

Yes this is the internet, but there is no need to get combative. It is the database file that influences lap times (I can't remember exactly where I got mine from except that it's author said he used actual 2010 records and so far I am very happy with it as you never see the lower tiered teams battling for wins like you saw with the default database file). The True AI 1.4 mod I speak of only influences how the aggressive the AI cars are around you and influences whether or not they are spread out around the track or are bunched up as one train like you see from the default AI from Code Masters. I also use the AI toolkit to tweak specific corners where the AI is too fast or too slow. The idea is to make each of our own personal driving experiences "fun". If you like what you have, then by all means use it. I was only saying the True AI 1.4 mod + the database file I have + the corner tweaks I have made using the toolkit have made for a good racing experience for myself. I qualify on Legend, but have to tone it down to Pro for the races because the AI is super aggressive in the combination I use.

Yes this is the internet, but there is no need to get combative. It is the database file that influences lap times (I can't remember exactly where I got mine from except that it's author said he used actual 2010 records and so far I am very happy with it as you never see the lower tiered teams battling for wins like you saw with the default database file). The True AI 1.4 mod I speak of only influences how the aggressive the AI cars are around you and influences whether or not they are spread out around the track or are bunched up as one train like you see from the default AI from Code Masters. I also use the AI toolkit to tweak specific corners where the AI is too fast or too slow. The idea is to make each of our own personal driving experiences "fun". If you like what you have, then by all means use it. I was only saying the True AI 1.4 mod + the database file I have + the corner tweaks I have made using the toolkit have made for a good racing experience for myself. I qualify on Legend, but have to tone it down to Pro for the races because the AI is super aggressive in the combination I use.

I wasn't attacking you?

If you need to tone it down to pro for races then you shouldnt be recommending it to others and bagging them out for using the kit, its up to him what he uses not you.

Yep, that's right. I'm in my 4th season now with Lotus and the car is a monster! The improvement it has made is staggering and it handles beautifully. Every year the car seems to improve even better then the previous! Season 2 to 3 was amazing but season 3 to 4 is out of this world! I think I'm in love and would severely recommend people to try this!

:woot:
I have also now started season 4 in the Lotus.
(Expert level (so Legend AI etc) except Fuel sim and Auto, Xbox so no mods)
I took out the WDC in a season end cliffhanger last season (3rd) where I needed to win and Webber do worse than 5th.
The Lotus has indeed gone up another level. I noticed the handling had improved so much that I dropped front wing from 3 to 2 at Bahrain and it turned in v/well allowing me to add one more click to 7th gear. This gave me a quali lap .5 sec faster than last year with minimal practice.
There would be no point now accepting an offer from any team other than Tier 1 (RedBull/McLaren) as my maths reckon the Lotus is now a tier 2 car. IE Tier 5 starting performance +3 years upgrades.
Only dissapointing thing is that Jarno who qualified P13 and got my hopes up with a P11 in Q1 finished P23. Hopefully there was an incident because I was hoping his car would improve and he would earn some points too!

The season is evolving quite differently to season 3.

Bahrain P1 (same Season 3 )
Melbourne P2, last corner last lap overtake of Vettel for P2. (P1 as wet weather gifted me pole in S3)
Sepang (forgotten)
China P3 (well off the pace in S3 and only saved by Wet weather in race and tyre strategy for P1)
Catalunya disaster as always.
Summary.
The Season 4 Lotus is allowing me to fight for Podiums in races where I was not competitive last season.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back