My screen goes blank (merged)

im not sure if this a iracing specific problem or not but after about 10secs of my car being on track my screen goes blank and my wheel goes to full lock

im running a pc setup plenty ample for this game its not running hot
mb temp is 33 degrees c
and cpu temp is 37
the last time it crashed
im running a i7 processor
8 gb of ram
geforce gt240 gfx card i really dont know whats going on

CPU overheating

im not sure if this a iracing specific problem or not but after about 10secs of my car being on track my screen goes blank and my wheel goes to full lock

im running a pc setup plenty ample for this game its not running hot
mb temp is 33 degrees c
and cpu temp is 37
the last time it crashed
im running a i7 processor
8 gb of ram
geforce gt240 gfx card i really dont know whats going on

sorry bram wasnt sure if it was the right section
the psu is a cheap 450w psu supplied with the pc
and i have tried all the settings on low it seems to work for a while then do the same
i dont get sound as i am using my hdmi port on the gfx card to provide hdmi sound to my tv also the driver is the most up to date from nvidia
i have now since tried it on my old gfx card and it doesnt do it so i belive it to be a faulty gfx card although it could still be the psu not being man enough for the task

i did think that but it was working fine for the first couple of days of having the pc
Mike,

I got my new PC in November last year, and for 3 days my HD worked just fine, then on the 4th day........ it died. Got it replaced by folks who built the PC and been fine with replacement since then, but just because your PSU had been OK for a few days doesn't mean it may not be the cause of your issues.

Can you fire up the PC and use it to browse the net, emails etc. without any issues?

Does the problem only occur when running iRacing?

the roblem only occurs when using the pc to play games it does the same when i play race 07 as well the company wh built my pc have the gfx card back atm if that turns out not to be the route of the problem then the psu is probably the cause

450watt if from a good brand should be more then enough for a single GPU system.
I have a core i7 myself and a 6850 radeon ( before that an energry abusive 4900 series) and everything is running fine on my 400watt OCZ psu. Something else is going on....

Best thing to do is check if any other 3d rendering apps have the same issue and narrow down from there, i doubt its iRacing specifik.
What you could do is do the autorender thing again.

Open your renderer.ini file look for the line AutoCfgCompleted=1 and change that to AutoCfgCompleted=0 and let iRacing detect the latest installed driver and such.

I am running a GTX 285OCFU edition and the makers will not even uphold the warranty if it is using less than 650watt PSU. I had one go out and they ran through those specs making certain that it was high enough and correct rails on the PSU. If you don't have a large enough power supply that can mess up a video card as well when it gets put under a strain.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back