F1 2010 My review of the game.

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

H34d5h07

No money, no team racing.
So, I decided to get his game, which is funny, because I'm not a fan of F1 cars what so ever. I can't even stand looking at them on TV. But, It's a game, and that is always something.
First feeling I got is "whoa, It really feels like I am in a team". Just because of the pit crew talking to me during races. Interviews after races. And agent (who is really ugly :D) However, they could had put a little more love behind it, when it comes to interviews. It's always the same faces. And I have even been asked the same questions in a row now. Really annoying.

Ironic, I'm already tired of the game.

Practice
Qualify
Race
Interview

Move on to the next track

Practice
Qualify
Race
Interview

And so on.... What a joke.

At the moment, I have reached the Monaco race, and every race before that, I have qualified 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 9th. But when the race starts, I have always the grid position 17th. No warnings or penalty involved. So whats up with that?

Every race except one or two, there has been raining. And for me, It's ridiculous difficult.
Not the handling itself, but due sight, and bad coded AI. I have been given **** loads of penalty's due to AI crashing INTO ME, not the other way around. At one race I got so mad so, I slammed my fist into the table. And the amount of rain splashing into my face is ridiculous. It's impossible to keep up the pace when you cant see ****. In the other hand, If it is like that IRL racing, I can buy that.

Anyway, I just wasted 44,99€ (steam) on a boring, predictable game. Great.

The only good thing left, is the driving. Awesome grip and very easy handling.
I play with no aids except auto pit limiter.
If I make it, I'm gonna be so happy when I get the chance to drive on Monza.
If I'm not wrong, even Spa is included. Yay!

Otherwise, pretty soon I will delete the game for good.
What a crappy game.

Good to see that there is another happy customer Shame this was not posted in the Codemasters forums feedback is what they are looking for
so they can make some of the suggested changes with further patching.
I agree they are always the same cut sences and if you want to just choose the right most option as it is always the best option to take.
but as far as the racing goes

Practice
Qualify
Race

Practice
Qualify
Race

that is a F1 game and not just F1 any raceing game all there is to it is
Practice
Qualify
Race

Practice
Qualify
Race

So i do not what more you expected to get from this title, can you please explain what more than

Practice
Qualify
Race

Practice
Qualify
Race

you was expecting to get from a Racing game

• MRGEEUNIT

I just dont understand you people, Ive played a full a career season and havent had any problem, yes the ai is very good in monaco and catalunya but its because of automatic gear, if you use manual and use the correct gear you wont have any problems, second RAISE the damn difficulty level, if you play at easy, intermediate and even professional then yes the game will be very boring quickly.........SIGH...... try legend and then come back telling us how it is too easy and boring........

the agent is ugly????? well its an agent, not a model, not all women are beautiful, second its a game I dont care about pixel women..... third the interview is just a small addon, if you play the game for the interview then you have a serious problem...

ps: I would like to know the team you are playing with, im with torro rosso second season, qualified 5th at bahrain, fisnihed 7 after a puncture in the last lap....., qualified 7 at australia, had a huge crash with kubica and barichello didnt finish the race(im using 20% more damage) and now im at maleysia, qualified 4th, probably gonna finish between 3 and 10 depending on conditions.... and this is with a torro rosso and I consider myself a very capable driver, the AI car are extremely fast in straight lines(like they should be, but im a lot faster in corners so that makes things interesting)

Ive never been able to recreate the same kind of thing you are claiming, unless i take my difficulty way down......

I just dont understand you people, Ive played a full a career season and havent had any problem, yes the ai is very good in monaco and catalunya but its because of automatic gear, if you use manual and use the correct gear you wont have any problems, second RAISE the damn difficulty level, if you play at easy, intermediate and even professional then yes the game will be very boring quickly.........SIGH...... try legend and then come back telling us how it is too easy and boring........

First of all, I use manual shifting and no aids. I do that in all racing games. The difficult level I play on right now is intermediate. Because I wanted to learn the mechanics before I move on the harder difficult level. But, it has nothing to do with the difficult level. It's the gameplay itself that annoys me. I play all kind of games, and most of the time I have options to do stuff that I want to do. Having full control, customization, and be myself. In F1, they give you the illusion that you are an F1 driver. You are not. This game doesn't have that big difference comparing to Dirt series. The structure is the same. Which is lame.
When for example NFS:S came out, it was something new and fresh. Comparing to what they (EA) have done before.
After a while it got boring because the structure was the same to the end.
F1 is a dull and boring game. Just like shift. Period.

the agent is ugly????? well its an agent, not a model, not all women are beautiful, second its a game I dont care about pixel women..... third the interview is just a small addon, if you play the game for the interview then you have a serious problem...

About the agent, it was a joke.

Interviews: If they give you the opportunity to have an interview, they would also give you the option to have more answers.
Not just same lame answers that will be used all over again

The team I'm driving for now is Virgin. I just took one random.

Hi, Alot of people seem to have glitches (bugs) with the steam download, not sure why.
I got my version on disc for PC and can honestly say I have had no problems, I did seem to be held in my pit box for what seemed an age but there were other cars flying down the pit lane at the time and maybe it was unsafe to release me,anyway I managed to make up the places I lost once back on track. This happened Once in the whole season! Might be a bug I don't know.all I do know is I have not had any of the problems that others have suffered in this forum.

• MRGEEUNIT

Daniel, you just said you are playing at intermediate, and yet you qualified so high with a virgin, Raise the difficulty level, you wont win more reputation and even learn while playing at a low difficulty level, as a matter of fact you wont earn and or learn anything more by finishing the race at the top, train by playing with higher difficulty not lower, you are playing manual but with very poor AI, I would find the game very boring too if I were you.......

as for the penaltie system, I am playing with full simulation and I have around2-3 warning per race, most of them are corner cutting, never cause a collision, if you brake too much then the AI ram you, then YES its your fault, you would be penalized in real life as well, blocking too, this is not a problem caused by the game, its a problem caused by your driving style, you are braking too much, and when the AI is faster then you, you are not letting them pass, and they ram you, and you get a warning or penalty, THATS WHAT WE CALL REALISM

as for the the interview, yes its gets very repetitive and annoying but im not playing the game for them, they didnt build the game around interview they build it around racing....

This game doesn't have that big difference comparing to Dirt series. The structure is the same. Which is lame.
For me this is one of the biggest bonusses. DiRT 2's interface and gameplay were done very good imo.

When for example NFS:S came out, it was something new and fresh. Comparing to what they (EA) have done before.
What was new about NFS Shift? Its just "another" gmotor2 game like rfactor, gtr2 etc but with more shiny graphics. (not saying its a bad game though, not at all)

sorry daniel but i dont really agree with you either not picking on you as your opinion counts but like Danny said at the top thats all F1 is, is

Practice
Qualify
Race

Move On To The Next Track

If you dont like real F1 or any F1 related stuff then F1 2010 isnt the game for you IMO i think this game is fresh and new in some respects i dont like all the rally cross stuff hence the fact i didnt buy Dirt 2 i bought Dirt but only for the rally the real rally mode not just one section from a track thats not rally but thats not all the game has in it as every fan of it knows.

WRC was the major let down of the year for me i bought it and it went back to the shop 30 mins later if you want a game to rip into bad physics and childish graphics buy that because its bull thats a proper waste of money.

So basically you shouldnt have bought a game that you have no interest in that would be like me buying a barbie game or lego indiana jones or something.

Sorry if i ranted there and i'm honestly not picking on you or backing these guys up i'm just expressing my opinion the same as you :)

Hey Anthony, We all have the right to express our opinion. You, me and everybody else :)

But yeah, you right. I guess I was to optimistic about the game. Even thou I'm not a big fan watching F1 cars in TV, it can be such different driving one in a game. Or so I thought. It looked awesome when I watched videos from Youtube. but to I got fooled big time :D

Daniel, you just said you are playing at intermediate, and yet you qualified so high with a virgin, Raise the difficulty level, you wont win more reputation and even learn while playing at a low difficulty level, as a matter of fact you wont earn and or learn anything more by finishing the race at the top, train by playing with higher difficulty not lower, you are playing manual but with very poor AI, I would find the game very boring too if I were you.......

Sure, I can always raise the difficulty level. But that is still not the point. It's the whole gameplay that bores me. Was the same with Dirt and Dirt 2. However, Dirt 1 was much more funnier thou, because you can have a whole rally session. In Dirt 2, there was no such a thing.
I haven't played Dirt 1 for a while, or even years. But if I'm not mistaken me, you couldn't upgrade and customize your cars.
In Dirt 2 I think you could, but nothing fancy. It was just "packages" thingy. However, some rally tracks in Dirt 2 was really amazing and fun to drive. I could spend hours on one or two tracks just because they were so fun to drive. But in the end, the game was set out to reach a more mainstream mass, so the gameplay in general lacked.

Sorry, got little OT, but the gameplay is still lame. And very much like Dirt 1 & Dirt 2. I would think otherwise if it was more like "in real life". And I'm not just talking about difficulty or driving assist. As it is now, you more or less get served. And has very little options to feel like an real racer. They have simply made another D1/D2 game, but placed an F1 car this time.

as for the penaltie system, I am playing with full simulation and I have around2-3 warning per race, most of them are corner cutting, never cause a collision, if you brake too much then the AI ram you, then YES its your fault, you would be penalized in real life as well, blocking too, this is not a problem caused by the game, its a problem caused by your driving style, you are braking too much, and when the AI is faster then you, you are not letting them pass, and they ram you, and you get a warning or penalty, THATS WHAT WE CALL REALISM
It's has nothing to do with me breaking hard, since this has occurred only on races when it's raining. Mostly in corners and when there are really tight. I don't know how to describe it in English, but I give it a try. The long version. After a start, I keep going straight, but AI's around me seems to "voble" (not sure if that is a word in english) They kinda turning right, left, right, left, right, left really fast back and forth. Maybe it's a bug or just bad coding. I always tries to stick to the racing line, and I guess the AI's tried is to. And thats the problem, because it is at those moments I get hit by the other cars. From the sides. It's like I'm invisible to them. Again, bug or bad coding.

as for the the interview, yes its gets very repetitive and annoying but im not playing the game for them, they didnt build the game around interview they build it around racing....
Yeah, I agree with that. It's stupid of me to get upset for a such small thing. Racing is the main priority. I guess it's because I have a Role-playing damage in the head :D:D
We all have our opinions about games, and I have presented mine for this game. As I have said earlier, the racing itself is really fun.
But the rest is garbage. The should had skipped it or improved it.

For me this is one of the biggest bonusses. DiRT 2's interface and gameplay were done very good imo.
Well, sure some stuff was improved from Dirt 1. But the downside with D2 was, there was no rally sessions. Just events. I purchased the game just for the reason to be able to have great really championships. I got really disappointed when I discovered that it was just a few rally events, in one part of the world, and the rest was just rally cross, or off-road(?) events.

What was new about NFS Shift? Its just "another" gmotor2 game like rfactor, gtr2 etc but with more shiny graphics. (not saying its a bad game though, not at all)

My bad, I should had been more specific what I mean. I meant of course from the earlier NFS games. NFS: Wanted, NFS: Underground etc etc. And all of the sudden they make a racing game like GTR2, GTRE, Race07 instead of another boring NFS game.

uhm.... you know i used to race karts, and to tell the truth it was boring... in the off season all we did was practice, like 5 hrs a day of practice!!!! c'mon it was sooo boring. can you imagine practice for that long... and only participating in races with your track friends, and guess what??? i didn't recieve anything... no upgrades, no new karts.. not even a new decal... that just sucks!!! BTW the Season wasn't that exciting... drive all of your equipment to the races, setting up all by yourself, no FFW function or anything and then the worst of all:

Practice
Qualify
Race

no!!! the worst part was to find the right set up... ¡¡¡¡ for every traaaaack!!! OMG i can't bealive i've wasted 10 years of my life in that crappy sport! Maybe next time i will choose another hobbie that's more exciting, like an illegal street racer or maybe an intergalactic marine, somebody told me that you can teabag the guys that you killed -yeeeeiii!!!-

PS. Daniel trade your game for the new NFS or halo reach and stop wasting your time in this forum... this isn't for you.

Hey Anthony, We all have the right to express our opinion. You, me and everybody else :)

But yeah, you right. I guess I was to optimistic about the game. Even thou I'm not a big fan watching F1 cars in TV, it can be such different driving one in a game. Or so I thought. It looked awesome when I watched videos from Youtube. but to I got fooled big time :D
hi i understand where your coming from and i have bought one or two games as they looked really good and turned out to be not my thing i completely get that and i know what you mean :)

Also i agree with what you say bout Dirt 2 i didnt buy it because there was no rally sessions in it and theres nothing better than a good rally having busted shocks and damaged body work and still having to race on it its great bring back colin mc rae rally god bless the guy they were great rally games

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back