My rallytrack WIP

Wanted to ask if anyone has any good ideas how to make road and terrain junctions little less noticeable with BTB? Im using only diffuse maps to get sufficient good look, later i add bump and specular.
If there is nothing to do about it then i just put a lot of grass on it rather than start using max.:rotfl:

There are two things I plan on doing to make the blend between road and terrain less noticeable.

1. Create mesh Normals from a "Global" one. This will remove the harsh crisp line between road and terrain.
2. Road will also get blending ability like you can do with the terrain. This won't be anytime soon as it's much trickier to create a workable interface than with terrain.

Looks great. Please do share your techniques as I know a lot of people will be interested. ;)

I agree completely! you could maybe post some wireframe+texture shots showing what is track and what is terrain, I have a guess but maybe I'm wrong.
After seeing your pics, we are all pushed to this kind of result (me at least...)!!
Furthermore, your work shows that efficient texturing can be made by btb alone :victory:

I had think so. It was made with multimaterials (isnt it?). How i know that will not work with wallaby and export to native rbr file form.

It looks so great. i wish, i would be at fault.

Lamda

• jharro

I had think so. It was made with multimaterials (isnt it?). How i know that will not work with wallaby and export to native rbr file form.

actually original RBR materials are supporting blending. iirc almost all the ground materials are using 2 diffuse textures blended by alpha component of the vertex color.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%