My Problem with Modern F1

This is my point, he HAS to design a track with current F1 needs for a track and it's that which makes a track crap. Primarily because of F1s over reliance on Aero grip. :)
Yes, I know. It's partly his design in combination to FIA regulations, but that doesn't make it less boring. The sport in general is heading the wrong way.

I started watching motorsports and especially F1 in 2017 so i have not watched any older F1 races live,but here is what i have to say:
So far this season has been very cool and there have been some awesome races.
The thing is that F1 is never really going to go back to the "golden days" of V12/V10 engines and no hybrid engines.
Another thing that we should be happy about F1 is the safety of it.We could have lost a lot of drivers this season only if it wasnt for the safety devices of today.
I really love the cars,the liveries,the way F1 is presented and all that stuff.
Then again i watch those V10 monsters (BMW and Mclaren) and i would like to have some of that magic.

The monthly thread again.
Not as great as 70s-90s but I still watch every race. I know Murray Walker still enjoys F1 too, good man. It's not worse now than it was a couple of years back in the 2000s, apart from the engine sound.
Negative nancies can go cry a river :thumbsup:

Last edited:
This is a rant thread so with all due respect... :p :cry:

F1 has been a fabulous circus for some decades now, today its even more of a fancy logo parade.
Its not spec racing , its not open spec so what is it... its a regulations wankfest.

I wouldnt say i have a golden f1 era in my mind, but theres some important differences. The fact is that mechanical grip provides much more exciting races to watch.
It was always an arms race so competition was never close in a stable manner but at least there was no team orders and no2 drivers involved in avoidable collisions (ok there was Prost). Plus very uninteresting drivers involved lately in general, Raikonnen's "shut up and let me drive" is suitable to these team radio bosses.

I liked the post about classic venues, in f1 there's nothing left everything is butchered and looks the same. Have u noticed how they paint the curbs fresh new coat of paint every race, all year they look like actual tracks f1 comes and applies a few tons of make up. I watch Daytona 24h and the yellow curbs have turned black from the tire marks and i think hey that looks like a racing venue.
In the 80s Las Vegas GP parking lot of a track was considered a poor quality event, nowadays tilke's parking lots with flashy colours are hip i guess. Thats what happens when u sell tv rights for billions , u might as well get michael bay to direct the show and have cinderella to hand the trophy. :roflmao:

What is the F1 equivalent to a beautiful goal in football? A beautiful overtake, right? They no longer exist due to DRS. They have ruined what was best about F1, made the cars ugly, and killed the sound, to please manufacturers who, the moment the :poop: hits the fan, will abandon the sport.

Someone wrote: "asphalt runoffs" - I agree 100%. F1 tracks are ridiculous. They are "overproduced", "overprocessed". Others, where just MotoGP or etc. race are better. Even Dijon Prenois, Zanvoort. All these stupid bright painted lines on the tracks are distracting. Paul Ricard with all these blue and pink lines is absolutely unwatchable.
I do not watch F1 anymore, because MotoGP(+Moto2, Moto3) - still is good.

At the end of the day the past is in the history books. And the future is yet to be written. Rules and reg's are there love them or hate them. I just hope Liberty Media don't destroy the sport over the next 5 years.
Say What you like about Bernie Ecolostone and Max Mosley but they looked after the sport and the teams. "To make a omelette you got'a crack a few eggs"

Watch Suzuka tomorrow :thumbsup: Twisty, turny, narrow, real grass right next to the edge of the track, gravel traps... it's a real circuit :cool:
It has a lot of Money to keep up to the demands of the sport. Whitch a lot of good tracks don't. Hense stupid street circuits and bangar racing round them, causing a lot of accidents and cautions that eat up race laps.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back