My problem with FSR manager

Ihab Abbas

Premium
Hello gents,

I missed the first round at Bahrain because I have 2 rFactor installed one for the FSR2011 and the other one for the other leagues and mods, So In the following pic I am explaining my problem with FSR manager, I need your help.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is part of the problem that both rFactor installs are in a folder called 'rFactor'? Could you just have one called 'rFactor' and another called 'rFactor_FSR11'?

Ihab, both Windows Vista and Windows 7 have a security feature called UAC, or User Account Control, which is enabled by default. When UAC is enabled, rFactor reads driver profiles from the Documents folder. When it is disabled, rFactor reads profiles from the 'UserData' inside the rFactor installation's main folder.

As a security measure, FSR Manager makes sure you only have your profile from where it will be read by rFactor. So, to sum up, if you have UAC enabled, keep your profile ONLY inside the Documents folder. If you have it disabled, ONLY inside the rFactor folder. This is only necessary for the profile and installation you use for FSR races, the rest of your installations and profiles are not affected. Hope I've been clear. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 244 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 226 13.9%