My personal work on AI in Race 07

I'm away from my wheel so cannot work on Rfactor :(
So thought I might post the work I did on Race 07, and see what discussion comes of it.
I have over time been trying to test every setting that affects AI and write a description of what they do. Some things are well known and didn't need much testing. And there are still a lot of settings I have not been over. This is unfinished.

Attachments

• Race 07 Parameters (1).pdf
    102.8 KB · Views: 393
Worst, Mid and Best Adjusts change (also?) the strenght of AI cars at the same strenght setted in the game. Increase bestadjust and the fastest cars should run faster. Increase worstadjust and the slowest cars should run slower. Attrition makes the track (also?) more slippy (-) or more grippy (+). Many years have passed since I played with this parameters a little. Race 07 is well optimized to be used with its own tracks, and the AI depends a lot on the AIW file. An interesting parameter is 'AI Realism'. If it is equivalent to 'AI Aggression', 0.2 seems to me way too low.

Worst, Mid and Best Adjusts change (also?) the strenght of AI cars at the same strenght setted in the game. Increase bestadjust and the fastest cars should run faster. Increase worstadjust and the slowest cars should run slower. Attrition makes the track (also?) more slippy (-) or more grippy (+). Many years have passed since I played with this parameters a little. Race 07 is well optimized to be used with its own tracks, and the AI depends a lot on the AIW file. An interesting parameter is 'AI Realism'. If it is equivalent to 'AI Aggression', 0.2 seems to me way too low.
Thanks, michele77.
Yes, I should write a better description of the Best and Worst adjustments. Thanks for the suggestion. Does Attrition make the track more slippy? I never thought of that. You have opened my eyes thanks.
The setting of 0.2 is because I like to race silly lengths of races, one-two hours, and I tend to make the Ai less aggressive to avoid too many accidents. I should update this description also. A 5 lap race with such a low setting would be boring.

'AI Aggression' makes nothing, the game reverts it to the default as the game starts.
1- That doesnt mean it does nothing.
2- The game always manage your PLR file.
3- In your PLR the actual value is called 'AI Realism' but in game is called 'AI Aggression'.

So make sure that when you make a change from "in game" and you have your PLR file open, it wont be written (but readed). As it needs to be closed for that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%