My old Logitech MOMO F1 wheel for the G25

Some years ago, I designed and built an F1 wheel hub to fit into my Logitech MOMO wheel rim which is mounted on a G25 base. I also designed another hub for street car sims (GT legends etc) which also fits into the same Logitech MOMO wheel rim. The hubs are easily swappable, so I can have either an F1 wheel or a street wheel depending on the sim.

Here's a shot of the wheel with the F1 hub and another with the street hub.
P1010446.jpg
06a.jpg

It was meticulously designed in 3D based on manufactures drawings of all components. I went to an enormous amount of trouble designing this thing. I can not emphasize enough how much trouble I went to with it. Every washer, lock nut, threaded insert etc was carefully considered. Even the thickness of the glue was taken into account. This was necessary because the space inside the Logitech MOMO wheel was incredibly limited.

A couple of screen shots from the design process:
assemb_01.jpg
designpic.jpg

As you can see, the whole wheel is made from layers of laser cut plastic, and everything fitted together just right once the parts were cut. Here's screen shot of all the plastic parts after they arrived together with a shot of a rough template showing its capabilities . I made this photo way back during the design phase and can't be bothered making another from a photo of the final thing.
01.jpg
Front_01_labeled.jpg

The whole thing is powered by a Plasma Lite, an SD9 and a LBG10-DG ( Beta Innovation products). So, lastly, here's a shot of the back of the unit showing all the wiring (excluding the Plasma Lite):
P1010459.jpg

This is a very robust F1 wheel hub and has been thoroughly reliable for many years, and given me an enormous amount of pleasure.

But alas..... it is all now redundant - and this is the point of this post: Beta Innovation products do not support F1 2010. So, I therefore intend to build a new F1 wheel hub.

To this end, I intend to use a SLI-M from Leo Bodnar. I won't have the 20x4 LCD but I can live with that. I never really use it much during racing anyway to be honest, but it does look cool when lit up.

So, I have some questions relating to the SLI-M, and have posted those questions in the "Leo Bodnar Shift Lights and controllers" thread.

Regards,

Mr Pibb.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back