My NEW Triple Screen Monitor set up

M D Gourley

Premium
Hello everyone,
I have been thinking for a while now about updating my 8 year old triple screen monitor set up...monitors that had 27mm thick bezels which were bl&*dy annoying...lol...and was thinking about the 49" Monitor from Samsung after reading a number of reviews, unfortunately the cost approx $2599 in my countries currency was more than I was willing to spend, plus the extra width of the triple screen set up was ingrained into my Sim Racing mantra...lol.
So I ended up getting 3x AOC 27V2Q - 27" 1080 monitors with 3 sides frameless hidden edge design IPS panels, 75Hz and Freesync...and I am glad I did...OMG those slim bezels are awesome 7.9mm approx. and straight out of the box when set up look amazing with a sharper / clearer image than I had before (obviously they are new...lol)...also saving myself $1800 compared to the Samsung 49".
I have positioned the left and right side monitors edges just behind the front monitor so I have only the 7.9mm gap...making it even narrower compared with aligning all monitor side edges together, although that is still only 15.8mm bezel thickness.
ONLY DOWNSIDE: I had a 15 to 20 FPS hit going from 60Hz to 75Hz...luckily the RTX 2070 :inlove: had some headroom so it did not bother me.
SIM RIG AOC MONITOR acc cockpit VIEW FLAT copy.jpg

I have connected up the Monitors to my RTX2070 with HDMI cables...which unfortunately means I can not utilize 'Freesync' which requires the 3x 'Displayport" connections and my RTX 2070 only has 2...going by the Manual.
AOC MONITOR side & bacK VIEW cords.jpg

I have the monitors connected to the stand and just sitting on a purpose built shaped desk top which is how I had the old monitors set up...unfortunately the AOC 27V2Q does not have 'VESA' mounting options on the back and also has a different cable attachment system as the above photos show...I personally like this but it would limit how close you can get the back of the monitors to the wall.
The stands are sturdy enough but do have a slight wobble. Screens can tilt 5 degrees forward and 23 degrees back, no up or down movement, though this is to be expected at this price point.
All in all very happy with this new Triple Screen monitor upgrade....link below
https://eu.aoc.com/en/monitors/27v2q
Other screen shots below are from the Manual...showing screen adjustments
1 OSD SETTING27V2Q english manual-21.jpg
2 LUMINANCE 27V2Q english manual-22.jpg
3 COLOR SET UP 27V2Q english manual-24.jpg
4 OSD SET UP 27V2Q english manual-26.jpg
5 PICTURE BOOST 27V2Q english manual-25.jpg
6 EXTRAS 27V2Q english manual-27.jpg

Last edited:
have same cpu and a 1080. Just wondering what fps your getting in the sims?
Here are some random screen shots of various Games / Sims running at 75Hz with MSI Afterburner Data. The FPS are averages and do fluctuate up and down.
In-Game Video / Graphics settings are maxed out in all Games / Sims...more than happy with the new AOC monitors running at 75Hz and the RTX2070 is just fantastic:inlove:
ACC
1 AOC 75Hz AFTERBURNER ACC copy.jpg
rFACTOR 2

2b AOC 75Hz AFTERBURNER rF2 copy.jpg

DIRT RALLY 2
3b AOC 75Hz AFTERBURNER DR2 copy.jpg

WRECKFEST
4b AOC 75Hz AFTERBURNER WRECKFEST copy.jpg

AUTOMOBILISTA 1
5 AOC 75Hz AFTERBURNER AMS copy.jpg

F1 2018
6 AOC 75Hz AFTERBURNER F1 2018 copy.jpg

RACEROOM
7b AOC 75Hz AFTERBURNER RACEROOM copy.jpg

pCARS 2
8b AOC 75Hz AFTERBURNER pCARS 2 copy.jpg

LIVE for SPEED
9 AOC 75Hz AFTERBURNER Live for Speed copy.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pretty similar to a 1080 maybe a bit better. But my gpu being 10 series doesn't do freesync in surround.
And yours won't do it due to only 2 dp ports. From looking stuff up gigabyte and evga tend to be the cards with 3xdp.
So in your opinion no need to upgrade the 3770k (mine at 4.2ghz)?

Upvote 0
Pretty similar to a 1080 maybe a bit better. But my gpu being 10 series doesn't do freesync in surround.
And yours won't do it due to only 2 dp ports. From looking stuff up gigabyte and evga tend to be the cards with 3xdp.
So in your opinion no need to upgrade the 3770k (mine at 4.2ghz)?
Thanks for showing some interest:)....yes, you are correct about my RTX2070 not being able to utilize Freesync. disappointed I would have to say, but I really only purchased this monitor model for the ultra slim bezels, so more than happy....any extra features are a bonus:)
My i73770k is only running at 3.8ghz and I am in no hurry to upgrade that:thumbsup:...would mean a complete new PC build...but it is your decision whether an upgrade is necessary, it's not really my call:)

Upvote 0
UPDATE: Is 'FreeSync' going:O_o:...I have an ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2070 and it only has 2x Display Ports, so I thought I would test a theory out, attached Display Port Cables to 2 of my 3 AOC monitors, the Centre and Left monitors and plugged the other end into my 2070, the Right side monitor had to have the HDMI.
I went into the nVidia Control Panel and...there it was:confused: 'Set Up G-Sync':thumbsup:...as it was not there before when I had all 3 monitors connected via HDMI ports.
I looked in the AOC monitor OSD settings to see if 'FreeSync' was activated....it was:confused::confused:...OMG...but only on the 2 monitors that have the Display Port cable attached...the Centre and Left monitors.
Question is: Does this mean I have FreeSync running on the Centre and Left monitors
1 nVIDIA CONTROL PANEL enable g sync.jpg

FreeSync activated on the Centre monitor
1 AOC FREESYNC centre monitor copy.jpg

FreeSync activated on the Left side monitor
2 AOC FREESYNC Left monitor copy.jpg

Right side monitor not activated with FreeSync
2 AOC FREESYNC Right monitor copy.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%