My new GT Omega rig

After having my plans for a GT Omega Supreme rig vetoed by her-indoors because of space issues, and as I've already got a tatty Corbeau gamer seat, I decided to go for the GT Omega wheel stand and triple monitor stand.

The service was top notch. Leo answered all my questions over the phone and my rig was with me the next day. Both parts are extremely easy to assemble and my wheel, pedals and shifter were hard mounted in no time at all.

I have to say, after a weekend of racing with my new rig, I absolutely love it and even the missus is impressed with how little space it takes up...relatively speaking ofcourse!

20120723191631.jpg
20120723200415.jpg
20120723200351.jpg
20120723200337.jpg

That looks good iv done something the same for my rig because a full rig is too much unless i move into the garage with it, but not got the triple screen although I like that and will be looking at that in the future. I am really impressed with the wheel stand very strong.

Upvote 0
Nice!I have no space too but I'll throw out one of the wardrobes in the spare bedrooms :) Kidding, I have no idea yet where to put it, maybe I'll have to get one of these you got.

But, I'm contemplating between the Obutto R3volution and the GT Omega Supreme. The latter is cheaper but the only issue is that I read it only supports 3 monitors up to 24".

Does anyone has a GT Omega Evo with 27" monitors or its true that's its only up to 24"?

Upvote 0
Looks awesome Anthony, have you thought about adapting a SimX kit to your seat, would certainly take it to the next level?

I must be one of the lucky ones then :), my wife has no such issues with me building or buying a sim cockpit and having it in the house, I have just made enquiries with SimX in regards a stage 4 shipped to Aussieland, the wifes only concern is the purchase dollars :O_o:, havent told her the price yet :whistling:

Upvote 0
I would love to start adding motion but it's a serious investment and I doubt the floor in my old victorian era flat would take the strain!
You can't see in the photos but on the desk to the right is my DJ set up so I can literally turn the seat round and start mixing...and when I've had enough of that I just turn back and have a race...perfect ;)

Upvote 0
After having my plans for a GT Omega Supreme rig vetoed by her-indoors because of space issues, and as I've already got a tatty Corbeau gamer seat, I decided to go for the GT Omega wheel stand and triple monitor stand.

The service was top notch. Leo answered all my questions over the phone and my rig was with me the next day. Both parts are extremely easy to assemble and my wheel, pedals and shifter were hard mounted in no time at all.

I have to say, after a weekend of racing with my new rig, I absolutely love it and even the missus is impressed with how little space it takes up...relatively speaking ofcourse!

20120723191631.jpg
20120723200415.jpg
20120723200351.jpg
20120723200337.jpg
GT Omega Steering Wheel stand, i am planing on buying one, can you share some of your personal opinions and experience, how heavy is it

Upvote 0
Awesome. Are you using that G13 as a button box when racing and if so is it working well? I'm considering getting one of those as I'm also a fps and mmo gamer so if it works well as a button box it'd be useful for all three gaming styles.

Upvote 0
Awesome. Are you using that G13 as a button box when racing and if so is it working well? I'm considering getting one of those as I'm also a fps and mmo gamer so if it works well as a button box it'd be useful for all three gaming styles.
Yep G13 button box:whistling: and the thumb pad for pit stops values.You soon remember what each button does.. i try to use the same layout for each sim..
and i use it for FPS

Upvote 0
GT Omega Steering Wheel stand, i am planing on buying one, can you share some of your personal opinions and experience, how heavy is it

I still really rate it. There are a few more squeaks now, and there seems to be more movement in the a stand but nothing that really bothers me. I have seen that someone added a couple more metal supports to their stand to make it more stable.
According to the GtOmega website the stand weighs 14kg.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back