My new DIY rig !

Since the end of october we are working on a new rig. Lets say version 1.0
This week we will finish it with the install of the new redesigned seatframe.
Then i gonna test it for a couple of weeks, and finally it will be finished in january.

It will be powercoated in black matte.
Cables will be hidden inside the framework where possible.
There is a chance we will put a sequential shifter on it. I've been thinking of the DSD Short Throw Pro Seq. Shifter

I'am currious what you think of this new rig. Its made entirely without any plans. Just made with some ideas in our mind. Its my project, but designed and build by my brother.

The steering wheel is a Thrustmaster T300 GTE Ferrari with Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2.
Hope you like the project so far. I'll keep you updated how the rig is holding de coming weeks !!

suvcsz.jpg

20141023_155754.jpg

14e9xzl.jpg

34ott3m.jpg

2lo0zsj.jpg

2vaibk9.jpg

2d8nthy.jpg

2h70uue.jpg

20f8cr7.jpg

2zzt3dy.jpg

w2edzr.jpg

al1c2e.jpg

2k2ft2.jpg

2hncpon.jpg

xck4y9.jpg

2e187l5.jpg

mj5nap.jpg

24yxw8g.jpg

4t1oy8.jpg

15ivdi.jpg

I like the curved tubes, cool looking.

However, the perforated plates for adjusting the wheel position look like could hurt when getting in/out, plus they break the smooth lines of the rig.

You could have attached them under instead of over the tube, use a few cm longer bars to the wheel and a spacer (to reach half the tube thickness). Or directly drill and thread holes in the tube (I think it should be structurally safe against a few drills by far).

Upvote 0
I like the curved tubes, cool looking.

However, the perforated plates for adjusting the wheel position look like could hurt when getting in/out, plus they break the smooth lines of the rig.

You could have attached them under instead of over the tube, use a few cm longer bars to the wheel and a spacer (to reach half the tube thickness). Or directly drill and thread holes in the tube (I think it should be structurally safe against a few drills by far).

The coming 4 a 5 weeks we gonna test the rig. Because its made entirely without any building plans, mistakes and fails will mayby be found. Its a good point you notice (safety). I gonna mention it by my brother who has made the rig. At the end, we will finalize the project at the end of january, so any flaws will then be repaired/changed.

Upvote 0
Looking really impressive! If anything I'd be wondering if the height adjustment solution for the pedal tray might be a bit "weak" with just one arm? I imagine it might flex a bit side to side when you brake really hard, but it's just guessing in my post as I'm by no means good at building anything myself ^^

Upvote 0
Wow, Very Nice Matthijs.

I vote you DIY some motion on to that Beast. Your brother will easily be able to fabricate what you need, Just need to order up some Motor's, JRK's, couple pots and some PSU's and you'll have yourself a 2Dof Motion rig.

PM if curious on details.

Upvote 0
Today almost a year after the initial idea, my Race Simulator 3.0 is launched !

2v2tmyv.jpg

Race Simulator 3.0 :

With this 3.0 update, we made 3 more changes to the rig:

- The mouse pad holder is made higher.
- Special platter for my led screen.
- Finally the rig has been powder coated. The frame anthracite gray. The 'loose' parts matte black.
From nothing to something.... :cool:
mm74wg.jpg

rauck0.jpg

ixtaxk.jpg

2ee8nx0.jpg

25ppyrl.jpg

v4mlaq.jpg

4pvb7t.jpg

5e6253.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?