My new computer & rFactor 2

In all honesty, I would hold out for a little while, until RF2 is out of beta stage and we have a much better understanding of all that the engine is capable of, there are many graphical tricks to be pulled out of the hat yet I'm sure.

In addition, the graphics card war is hotting up, ATI have just released their 7xxx range and Nvidia are close to releasing their 6xx range. My current card (Nvidia 8800GTS 512) is my longest operational card by a long shot (just coming up to four years) and only now is it starting to struggle with the like of RF2. The chances are my next graphics card is going to be in use beyond 2015, so I'm personally holding out until I'm sure the replacement can run things well at maximum detail.

Have to agree with Steve on this. I would love to upgrade my GPU right now to a gtx580, but I know the new nVidia cards are coming out soon and they are going to be fantastic from what I've been reading. Try to be patient. I know it's difficult.

Seconded. Luckily I have a mate who specked my first computer for me and I built it myself. Current rig I sorted myself as I have a much better knowledge of components now. Added bonus ya may be able to use some of your old components depending on what ya currently have.

Yep, unless you already have one, you'll need to add in a monitor, I'd go for a 24" lcd/led..

I think the 2nd system's graphic card (nVidia gtx 550 ti) won't quite be up to the job, or will just cope - for now :) ..a gtx560 ti factory-clocked would do the job a lot better

Also the psu - for future proofing - I'd go for a 700w (..epecially for 2yrs down the line when you've just gone online & bought the latest gpu)

Yea.. I know - it's going to cost a touch more than you thought :eek:

mm.. good point David, ..don't know why but I never thought of that influence coming in to pc-component design ..suppose it's obvious really; a good test will be to see what power-draw the new breed of cards will need.. whether they'll use be using less

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%