My name is Bram and I love sim racing :)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
For those who don't me yet, my name is Bram. I am 45 years old already (but still feel like 25) and I am nuts about sim racing!

At the age of 12 I got my first computer (MSX) and have been hooked on racing games and sims ever since, ignoring every other gaming genre out there. This means I have been virtually racing for more than 30 years now. First offline with my local friends, later at LAN parties and felt right at home the first time we were able to dial in with a modem and start racing online on the interwebs.

Founded a little forum back in the days, more on that later this month, to share information between myself and a few guys I hung out with online playing racing games and that was indirectly the start of the community you are now part of: RaceDepartment.com

I have been a notorious chainsmoker for 25 years and I was so talented in puffing away two packs a day that i would have defenitly won all gold medals if smoking cigarettes were an Olympic disciple. In 2016 I decided that my terrible habbit had to stop and gave up cold turkey and decided I would put away that 10 euro's a day and safe it for something else. Instead of buying an awesome simrig I decided it was time for another hobby: cycling.

I bought my first bike in many many years and I am since then totally hooked on cycling as well. I ride gravel tours, road rides and anything in between here in the cycling walhalla where I live in The Netherlands. Besides running RaceDepartment I now also founded a local cycling club in my home town which I have big ambitions with (not really :D) called apeldoorn.cc. If you are ever in the neighborhood you are always invited for a ride, just hit me up :)

Diverge.jpg

I hope you will all take this opportunity to create your own thread in this forum, tell us a little bit about yourself and show the community who are you are.

Welcome everybody!

For those who don't me yet, my name is Bram. I am 45 years old already (but still feel like 25) and I am nuts about sim racing!

At the age of 12 I got my first computer (MSX) and have been hooked on racing games and sims ever since, ignoring every other gaming genre out there. This means I have been virtually racing for more than 30 years now. First offline with my local friends, later at LAN parties and felt right at home the first time we were able to dial in with a modem and start racing online on the interwebs.

Founded a little forum back in the days, more on that later this month, to share information between myself and a few guys I hung out with online playing racing games and that was indirectly the start of the community you are now part of: RaceDepartment.com

I have been a notorious chainsmoker for 25 years and I was so talented in puffing away two packs a day that i would have defenitly won all gold medals if smoking cigarettes were an Olympic disciple. In 2016 I decided that my terrible habbit had to stop and gave up cold turkey and decided I would put away that 10 euro's a day and safe it for something else. Instead of buying an awesome simrig I decided it was time for another hobby: cycling.

I bought my first bike in many many years and I am since then totally hooked on cycling as well. I ride gravel tours, road rides and anything in between here in the cycling walhalla where I live in The Netherlands. Besides running RaceDepartment I now also founded a local cycling club in my home town which I have big ambitions with (not really :D) called apeldoorn.cc. If you are ever in the neighborhood you are always invited for a ride, just hit me up :)

View attachment 516536

I hope you will all take this opportunity to create your own thread in this forum, tell us a little bit about yourself and show the community who are you are.

Welcome everybody!
Great photo. The black-out look and beautiful trail in the background are very cool. Congratulations on kicking the smoking habit, that must have been hard. My funniest smoking story was when I watched Keke Rosberg win the Detroit Grand Prix and as soon as he got out of the car, he started smoking a cigarette while he was being interviewed.

View attachment 516536

Welcome everybody!
Thank you, very much.. :D

.. see this boys and girls ?!

A High Quality, super duper, properly informative introduction,
of yourself. I lift my hat. :)
Welcome, Bram.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back