F1 2012 My introduction and Some starter questions.

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

Im new to these forums, and F1 games in general. My names Jonny, i Play on PS3 under the name 'Amoramay'. Feel free to add me if you wish, always welcome to new friends :)

My Topic is very general and broad, I recently found i have much more time on my hands due to a lack of work, with getting very bored at home i decided to get F1 2012 and a racing set-up.

I bought the Ferrari GT Experience wheel, (I heard its not the best but i wanted to try something before spending loads of money on a set-up) and i have a few general questions regarding the game that i cannot find on the forum.

1. Im new to F1 games (played one years ago for a while but none since) I dont plan to use the Auto-Brake assist at all, but what other assists should i use at the start?

2. When i get some practice in, which order would be best to take off the assists? (i plan to use no assists.. eventually :) )

3. Lastly, what foot is fastest to brake with? and in what order should you apply the pressure? (i.e Hard then release slowly.. Or slowly apply pressure and hard towards to turning point?

Thanks in advance for taking your time to read my post

Welcome to the community! :)
F1 2012 is a pretty much easy game to play without any assist.You can keep the automatic gears for the beggining as down shifting fast can sometimes destroy your engine but i believe you'll use manual gears soon enough.I believe braking with the left foot is the oprimal choice and like the real F1 single seaters, you should brake hardly when you are going fast, slowly releasing brake pressure as you slow down in order not to lock your brakes.:thumbsup:

Hi,

Im new to these forums, and F1 games in general. My names Jonny, i Play on PS3 under the name 'Amoramay'. Feel free to add me if you wish, always welcome to new friends :)

My Topic is very general and broad, I recently found i have much more time on my hands due to a lack of work, with getting very bored at home i decided to get F1 2012 and a racing set-up.

I bought the Ferrari GT Experience wheel, (I heard its not the best but i wanted to try something before spending loads of money on a set-up) and i have a few general questions regarding the game that i cannot find on the forum.

1. Im new to F1 games (played one years ago for a while but none since) I dont plan to use the Auto-Brake assist at all, but what other assists should i use at the start?

2. When i get some practice in, which order would be best to take off the assists? (i plan to use no assists.. eventually :) )

3. Lastly, what foot is fastest to brake with? and in what order should you apply the pressure? (i.e Hard then release slowly.. Or slowly apply pressure and hard towards to turning point?

Thanks in advance for taking your time to read my post

I guess you should start with ABS & Racing line. As you don't know the tracks you'll need a racing line. And for ABS, it's pretty hard to brake on this game without it and you'll have too many things to worry about as you're a starter.

In my opinion, traction control is kinda useless in this game as it's almost impossible to spin anyway. Spins are usually due to bumps and curbs.

As for which foot to brake with, there's already a thread about that. ==> http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/is-using-two-feets-faster-than-using-one.66850/

I guess you should start with ABS & Racing line. As you don't know the tracks you'll need a racing line. And for ABS, it's pretty hard to brake on this game without it and you'll have too many things to worry about as you're a starter.

In my opinion, traction control is kinda useless in this game as it's almost impossible to spin anyway. Spins are usually due to bumps and curbs.

As for which foot to brake with, there's already a thread about that. ==> http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/is-using-two-feets-faster-than-using-one.66850/

Brilliant advice, after 2 days trying without assists at all (tried the old 'jump in at the deep end' and see how i got on, Badly, was my answer :)

I tried your advice Kristian and works a treat, i was locking my front tyres every turn without abs, it was ridiculous! TC is fine, Struggling a little with the start but i'll get that down eventually. Racing line is on at the moment but i dont see that taking long with a few hours on each track, still on Auto gears until i can drive with them before i change to Manual.

thanks everyone for the advice :)

Regards,

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back