My Impressions of RD so far.

W

Walter Johnson

• Walter Johnson

I am very impressed with this website there is a lot of leagues to enter and from the videos I have seen on RDTV they are relatively clean with no one wrecking except from a few racing incidents. There is also alot of really helpful people who are always on hand to help the old man out.

I would like to know if any leagues are open for a new racer as I applied to race in the Chevrolet Camaro Cup but the league had finished.
Could somebody please give me advice to me on a league to enter as would very much like to begin my racing career started here on RaceDepartment.
Regards Walter.

My honest answer would be that a League probably isn't the best place for you to start - Club racing has a slightly shallower learning curve, and is less competitive and, to my mind, would be a better place to start if you're (relatively) new.

Making a mistake through inexperience in a Club race ends up in a LOL even if someone else is involved, taking someone out in a League race is probably not going to end up with quite so cheery a conclusion.

It also depends on what sim(s) you drive.

• Walter Johnson

Thank you.
I will most likely try my hand at a club race in the fore coming weeks and practice in the Camaros before they resume.

Actually, that's not the case - I never assume anyone has GTL - and I'm not sure that your responses help Walter in any way, either.

My point was going to be Evo (which I assumed to be a given as Walter applied for the Camaros) has the most events, including some of the easier to handle cars, Minis / S2000's, but that they can become quite competitive, so entering them is a good idea, but make sure to practice before joining those events.

Beyond that, as it's now clearly 2nd most popular, rF doesn't have any newer driver friendly events any more, so there's nothing there that fits his bill, but there might be a few more lower powered events once the Leagues start and take over for the Endurance / Cart drivers in that.

But thanks for your (incorrect) assumptions. :neutral:

• Walter Johnson

I don't want to be the catalyst of some in-forum bickering, as stated in my application I own RFactor along with the GTR Evo/Race 07/STCC pack. Im aware a league may be too big of a step for me but I practice everynight, I will attend some club races to perfect my trade and I hope a league may be in the offering towards the end of the year.

I will attend some club races to perfect my trade and I hope a league may be in the offering towards the end of the year.

Some...., Walter I would attend as many as possible, rather than practicing alone. You will gain so much more competing against human opponents rather than the in game AI. You will also benifit from the many kind racers who offer advice about setups and lines through corners etc that you can only guess at otherwise. This would be the best preparation for any league run here at RD.:good:

I don't want to be the catalyst of some in-forum bickering, as stated in my application I own RFactor along with the GTR Evo/Race 07/STCC pack. Im aware a league may be too big of a step for me but I practice everynight, I will attend some club races to perfect my trade and I hope a league may be in the offering towards the end of the year.

In forum joking between me and Rhys.
If your looking for some nice calm and laid back racing i wouold recommend purchasing GT Legends as there is a very nice/good Atmosphere with GT Legends who don't seem to take it REALLY serious.(the game is very good aswell and not very expensive to buy)

I think you mean it is not expensive :)

No Peter, as ever Ben has his finger on the pulse :wink2:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/21464-bargain-what.html

Seriously Walter, Ben is correct about GT Legends friendly atmosphere and racing environment. Perhaps that's down to a lack of a certain "scoucer" and ASBO sponsored teenagers :wink2: ( sorry for the "in" jokes Walter, I'm sure you'll pick up on them once you've attended a few of the events)

GTL is about £6-£10 nowadays, and worth every penny.

We have just finished the RD Historic Grand Prix (you may have seen some of the video's on the home page) which was a huge success and I can honestly say it was a thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining league :good:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%