My First Tripple Screen Setup - How on earth do people manage there desktop settings

Hi all,

I've just setup my first triple screen set up and I'm wondering how people manage the constant choping an changing of the screen posiotions etc in windows.

I'm trying to have my tripple setup and then my work desktop on my 4th monitor.

But I've found my self contantily having to go into the display settings and Nvida Control Panel to change settings when monitiors are turned on and off etc and dropping in and out of setting up Nvidia surround when changing games.

I'm spending about 5 min just mucking about with the monitors each time I want to sit down a race.

Is this what everyone is doing each time they sit down to a rig that's not 100% set aside for sim racing.

It's a total pain and any tips would be most welcome.

I have nvidia surround set on constantly for the triples, so windows sees it as 2 monitors (my gaming monitor and my racing triples). I then just use the keyboard shortcut win+P to switch between whichever I need to use. Work's great for me.

Oh I will give the win+p a shot thanks :)

Do you by any chance play AMS2. I've a got problem with it when I have 4 monitors running as AMS2 totally forgets it's suppose to be in triples mode when I have all 4 monitors connected. I need to disable the forth before I start the game.

Also nvidia surround doesn't work with ams2 either. So I end up needed to go into setting to turn it off and on.

Last edited:
Oh I will give the win+p a shot thanks :)

Do you by any chance play AMS2. I've a got problem with it when I have 4 monitors running as AMS2 totally forgets it's suppose to be in triples mode when I have all 4 monitors connected. I need to disable the forth before I start the game.

Also nvidia surround doesn't work with ams2 either. So I end up needed to go into setting to turn it off and on.
Oh, that's weird, AMS2 is fine for me. Though I do have it set so the 2nd monitor is disabled (using win+P to just show the triples) so it only sees the triples. But I've not had a problem with nvidia surround.

Cheers @NeoGrotesk

Maybe it's becuase I set up a triple setup in AMS2 using it's 3 monitor system before tyring it with nvidia surround.

When I have nvidia surround on I don't get options for setting the angles of the displays etc as it thinks it just one big screen.

Yep, as Duncan said, you need to set it up so that windows sees your triples as one big, massive 5760x1080p monitor (using 3x 1080p) in Nvidia Surround and then use the Win+P shortcut. Once setup correctly it takes litterally seconds to switch between.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 126 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.7%
  • < 5 years