Tracks My first Track Hethel Circuit

Hello All

I present you a alpha state Track. It's realy alpha state. Need some more XPacks. Have to learn a lot. Buyed a book to learn Blender for Objects. Fighting with XPackBuilder (lost hairs...) :D

Todos i don't know yet:

- AI make the graphic (recording already done)
- Make the curbs begin smaller and became larger and finish smaller (any ideas? Suggestions?)
- Windmühle needed. Don't know where to get
- Maybee somebody (modder) would send me a full track so i can get some ideas how to make some stuff. Maybee you want to participate? Verry welcome
- Cleanup grass from curbs and roads :D or you like it? :p
- Correct the walls around the circuit and other walls

I will make 2 Versions. This one is the F1 Version with large curbs and a larger road. The other one will be so original as possible with redwhite curbs (lot smaller) and a smaller road.

What do you think? I asked also lotus, if i can release this track. Because it's my first time i would post a track, i am asking myself if i need the publishing rights? How is that guys?

Enjoy:

Best, Fab

Last edited:
Reactions: THL
Hello guys

Merry Christmas to everybody. Enjoy your family!!! :)

Here's a little improvement. I have some issues with textures coming up slovely. To much grass.. :D :D :D *smiiile*

Here's the circuit in v0.02 alpha:

Need a lot to do.. Cleanup grasses around the circuit. But it could be cool if it fits not to perfect and it cames into the circuit. Spring feelings. Fitting better the curbes. Make a banner over the circuit (i try with blender to build a banner), and many little stuff..

At this moment i am fightig to build a windmill in blender *smile* beautiful job, i understand nothing at this moment :D :D

I'll keep you informed..

Best, Fab

an old style windmill or something like this?
Zwischenablage02.jpg

also, were did you find that grass texture? It looks quite good (and I'm looking for some too) :thumbsup:

Hey AccAkut

Yeap.. Exactly this one! Such a Windmill would fit perfect on the traxx!! :) Can i have it please.. :) *gentlylooking*

The grasses i fould are all from download here in the racedepatment. And this one with this settings. See Attachements.

I had to convert them from BTB to RTB and then set AlphaTest to some of them. (at this moment i don't know a lot but still learning how to do it.. :) )

Cherrs Fab :)

Attachments

• Grass Bottom.jpg
    Grass Bottom.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 206
  • Grass1.jpg
    Grass1.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 246
  • Grass2.jpg
    Grass2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 209
  • GrassExamples.jpg
    GrassExamples.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 211
  • GrassScales.jpg
    GrassScales.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 221
Hi All

Little Improvement...Changed the road a bit and a bit of fresnel... :)

Is this reflection to much? Or ok?

Best, Fab

Attachments

• Roadreflexions.jpg
    Roadreflexions.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 292
Hello All

A little improvement in the track. Some signs and road completely changed. Also the curbs where again adjusted. Adjusted also the curbs with fresnel. But not 100% happy with it. It's an idea how it could look at the end. Here in this slow round you can see also the windmill provided from AccAkut (THANK YOU VERRY MUCH!! - Found a way how to work with blender (me as newbie with blender)). The pit is not finished. I think i make max 2-4 pits. Not more. It's not a racetrack more a testing track. I look if i have place in that little pit.

Interessting driving slow. I see some ugly mistakes.. Have to fix them...

Best, Fab

Hello All

Today i got an e-mail from Lotus:

Unfortunately we are unable to give you permission to release the Hethel track or any variant of it on Assetto Corsa.

We kindly ask that you respect our decision which has been made in the interest of other partners of Lotus.

:( :( :(

So, there's no hope to get a hethel traxx in Assetto Corsa. I hope they will make a track, cause this little circuit is pretty awesome. I go on with finishing the traxx with all extras for my self as "learning". I love this circuit.

I will never release it. Sorry for that guys.. Hope you understand it...

Wish you now a good future in the 2019 and again Happy New Year GUYSSSSSS!! :) :) :)

Best wishes, Fabio

Hello All

Today i got an e-mail from Lotus:

Unfortunately we are unable to give you permission to release the Hethel track or any variant of it on Assetto Corsa.

We kindly ask that you respect our decision which has been made in the interest of other partners of Lotus.

:( :( :(

So, there's no hope to get a hethel traxx in Assetto Corsa. I hope they will make a track, cause this little circuit is pretty awesome. I go on with finishing the traxx with all extras for my self as "learning". I love this circuit.

I will never release it. Sorry for that guys.. Hope you understand it...

Wish you now a good future in the 2019 and again Happy New Year GUYSSSSSS!! :) :) :)

Best wishes, Fabio
Do you actually need permission from Lotus to freely distribute a scratch-built track mod that Lotus have had no involvement in?

Contacting Lotus in the first place was probably not a good idea, because you basically gave them an opportunity to say no. If you just released the track as as a bedroom mod for an old no-longer-officially-supported racing game then you wouldn't have even registered on their radar. I guess you were hoping for some sort of semi-official endorsement from them, but it looks like it backfired.

What do people think? Do Lotus have any jurisdiction in this? Should the track just be released anyway?

What do people think? Do Lotus have any jurisdiction in this? Should the track just be released anyway?
Issue is he probably wrote that email under his real name... if he had just published it here anonymously a lawyer probably would not have bothered (or RD staff would just have deleted the track).

...imo lay it low for a while and then just release it under a different name with absolutely no Lotus affiliation (is that the right word?)

Issue is he probably wrote that email under his real name... if he had just published it here anonymously a lawyer probably would not have bothered (or RD staff would just have deleted the track).

...imo lay it low for a while and then just release it under a different name with absolutely no Lotus affiliation (is that the right word?)
Or leak it to an AC mods FB group. It'll have lapped the planet twice before his hand lets go of the mouse.

My question really was: can Lotus actually do anything to stop it? They've asked for it not to be released, but do they have any right to actually request that? Because that's all it is as far as I can see: a request. And it's probably their default answer to any approaches like this about anything they think might be treading on their toes.

Whether they do something or whether they have a right to do something can be two separate things. Anybody can write cease and desist letters for example. Or ask their lawyer to write one. Lotus may not just go after the mod but after racedepartment as well. If lotus asks racedepartment to delete the mod it is likely rd will do it. Even if you are right it can become expensive if lotus wants to take it further. Just to ask lawyer's opinion if they do send you a cease and desist letter, or in worse case an order is not free.

The easiest way to avoid all that is to simply not use any brands or trademarked logos affiliated to lotus but release the track as accurately as possible. That's the way everybody are doing it who sell pay mods.

My question really was: can Lotus actually do anything to stop it? They've asked for it not to be released, but do they have any right to actually request that? Because that's all it is as far as I can see: a request. And it's probably their default answer to any approaches like this about anything they think might be treading on their toes.

Yes, they can do something. They own the circuit, and they have every right to protect their property.

They probably won't, though. As mentioned, it's small potatoes. Not worth the lawyer's fees for the phonecall, let alone any actual action.

I don’t really get why modders ask official owners for permission when they probably say no 99% of the time? Or even ask for money. Mitja did the same and it boggles my mind.

Neverheless good luck with your track.

I don’t really get why modders ask official owners for permission when they probably say no 99% of the time? Or even ask for money. Mitja did the same and it boggles my mind.

Neverheless good luck with your track.
Depends, I got official permission for three of my cars (I asked for data and stuff). If you ask your next doors kart track or some small venue the chance is probably higher than if it's the test track of a manufacturer like here or some high grade FIA installation ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%