My experience with the Dorsche 99I pay mod

Last night, I paid €5 for the Dorsche 99I mod. That five euros would have been better spent on anything else.

On my first races with it, the car's unrealistic stability made me repeatedly exit the race to check the assists had not come on by accident. The car grips to the road in a similar style to Need for Speed's and Burnout's cars. I am able to turn hard while accelerating hard; spinning out/losing control on a corner takes real effort.

If this wasn't a pay mod, I wouldn't be too bothered. I'd have just deleted it and got on with things. But it cost this sucker five euros. Let's call it a learning experience.

first pay MOD i got, last night drove it about 10-15x laps on Monza (it was too late already) have to say, it drives like a blast, and fun anyways, since GT/GTx cars IMO are hard to come by anyways, especially Porsche/Dorsche/ Dorsch/ Darche and all the other crazy fictional names, as most studios have to go with Ruf's, and also great cars, but come in Porsche...2016 is a long time to wait for! (or if you are M$, can pay $$$ for the license and get them on FM(Forza))
to recap, fun to drive, had a blast and it is his, the authors good right to sell for $1-$100 USD or more, whoever it would be...if a person wants to buy it, he will buy it and the others who can't buy due to lack of interest, due to principle or not being able financially, will simply not/ never buy it. but bashing something, or trying to shove it down other users throat and being negative all about it does not change the fact, that some will love it and always pay and some will hate and always complain. that's how I see it.
(PS: also got the URD EGT packages, all of them! but did not get to test drive any of them yet!)

Don't know what your deal is, mate.
The car is fabulous already.
Sure there is always rooms for improvements but I take great pleasure by driving it.
There is no 'deal' and I'm glad you like the car as I too enjoy driving the car. That said, the Assetto 991 FB page states the following (posted 50 days ago) :

Here is our Roadmap for this year:
- 07. September 2015 - Finalizing Physics
-End of September: New Cockpit
- Oktober 2015 - creating all new Sounds and messuring Suspension on real car for final Physics
and we are planing to release an "Endurance Dorsch". - This update will be for free for all buyers.
It will be the same car with more Setup options and, like the Cup Car Prototyp, with Flics on the Front an tank-nozzle on the hood.

They've already missed their own deadline for physics and a new cockpit - I understand they've lost a person from their team however communication via e-mail or a website update wouldn't go astray.

AC has a new tyre model and my other paid-for mods, the URD T5 and EGT have been updated with the latest tyre model (the exception being the PX beta cars) so I don't think it's an unrealistic expectation for the Assetto 991 to be updated promptly. Further, if I'm not mistaken, you posted on the FB page "Fun fact: Without tire blankets the car is still too low and needs manual adjustments even with v1.2.7" which I'd also liked fixed ASAP too.

And after an age of waiting version 1.3 of this mod shipped. Changelog is as follows:

- New Physics
- V6 Tyres
- Shading Tweaks
- Texture Updates

For those waiting, there is a 25% discount code to use as an apology for being way behind in their development roadmap - use the code SRYDRSCH25

Also, as a reminder re pay-mods. Kunos got URD to make the Corvette C7 so they can't be too bad.
well Kunos uses car model, not those physics :) .. I haven`t tried too many URD cars but what I tried is way more planted, stable, easier to drive than original content (f.e. C6R in rf2) .. not saying it is good or bad .. just different
Right now I`m waiting what Enduracers will bring to the game (LMPs,GTE) befor I pay for URD mods .. not necesarry cause it is free but being free will allow them use normal licenced names (with porsche exception).. and people are praising flat6 so far

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back