My experience with different cars

Must say that Simbin have done great job with the handling of the cars. They all feel and behave differently.
Just tried most of the cars in Mid-Ohio and it was great fun to drive these cars. There were some dull, some slow and some fast cars but also those which gave big grin to my face. Here is some of my favourites and the non favourites with default setup. Setup change will off course make many cars behave differently and might change the way I feel about them.

GT Club:
BMW Z4-->Great setup, very balanced in corners, Very nice to drive to limit, great fun to drive all in all.
Aston--> Good setup, too much understeer but fun to drive. Not as balanced as BMW with default setup.
Gillet--> Fast, very balanced but it was sametime dull to drive. "DULL" , Bram will hang me for saying that. :D

GT Sport:
BMW M3--> Fast, Great setup, very well balanced. Feels perhaps (too) clean and soulless
Spyker --> Good setup. Feels like a bigger car. I enjoy this car.
Corvertte--> Understeers. Need setup changes

GT Pro:
Enjoyed this class and cars very much. Again Corvette had a setup (to me) problem.
Aston--> Great setup. Balanced/civilised. I like the way its handles and sounds.
Audi--> Wild child. Needs some gear ratio changes but I like this car very much.
Gumpert--> Great setup and fast.

Didnt drive Saleen and Viper. Almost all car in PRO Class were fun to drive and it will be difficult to pick favourite.

Great work Simbin. :thumb:

peace
Jari

Ive found it extremely hard to get a tiny unbalanced but controlled oversteer as thats the way i like to take my corners (in GTR2 and other games), seems these either stick or understeer.
(had to drop wing to 2 on the BMW Z4 to make it behave remotely like that)

I tried yesterday shortly the E-WTCC cars and was actually suprised that they are all RWD. I was expecting that the Seat Leon e.g. being a FWD car in WTCC to be a FWD at E-WTCC as well.

I there a mechanical or physical reason that a 600hp car cant be FWD car? And if I am not mistaken, they have all the same specs, do they? Do they behave differently?

I tried yesterday shortly the E-WTCC cars and was actually suprised that they are all RWD. I was expecting that the Seat Leon e.g. being a FWD car in WTCC to be a FWD at E-WTCC as well.

I there a mechanical or physical reason that a 600hp car cant be FWD car? And if I am not mistaken, they have all the same specs, do they? Do they behave differently?

You're right, the physics off the extremes are the same for all 4 :)

• Marko Hartikainen

Ive found it extremely hard to get a tiny unbalanced but controlled oversteer as thats the way i like to take my corners (in GTR2 and other games), seems these either stick or understeer.
(had to drop wing to 2 on the BMW Z4 to make it behave remotely like that)

reducing rear wing hardly is the best way to achieve what you are looking for

• Marko Hartikainen

Fair enough:)

Z4 lacks some muscle though and being Club car wing changes doesnt have same effects as Pro cars for example.

Granted the best way (for now) with pro cars seems to be using 2/5-6 wings, around Nords atleast.

• Norbert Rebelski

Marko,
Could you also send me a few of your fast nordshleife setups of gt cars.
I cant download setups from forum because i don't have 25 posts yet.
Setups i drove seem very understeery and i don't like them.

• Daniel Hartmann

You're right, the physics off the extremes are the same for all 4 :)
I only tried the BMW so far. That's good to know, at least there won't be any discussion about advantages/disadvantages of each car. Concering the 3 GT classes I don't have a favourite car so far. They are all fun to drive, and with 6:40 to 6:45 on Nordschleife Tourist there is still lots of improvement possible - well I hope so. :rolleyes:

• Christian Dorsey

My favs are the Z4 for balance and a wonderful analog experience. I seem fixated on the Audi because it fits my driving style but I'm wondering what will be the fastest car? Like GTR2, everyone will migrate to around 4 to 5 cars because they're the overall fastest. Will it be the Aston, Audi or even the Corvette? I noticed they made the Corvette more competative. Anyone else notice that?

Of course I'm partial to the Mini S since I practice with that one on a daily basis

Picture075.jpg

although this is my old beater of a car

Picture038.jpg

Enjoy

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%