My DIY

El-ahrairah

Prince with a thousand enemies
Hi all

Just felt like sharing a DIY sim I have been building with my old man, which this weekend has reached a usable state.

Our goal with this build was to construct something that was very simplistic, but reasonably authentic. Also given that this would be used for console as well as PC, I opted to go for a single 40" screen as opposed to triple screens. Space was also a factor, hence we decided to build something that was "all-in-one".

Here are some pics with a bit of a run down.

p0ObJJE.jpg
lOpsoyx.jpg

This is the bare bones of the stainless steel frame we welded together with the Recaro seat I purchased sitting in position. Sorry for bad quality photo, but these where taken off my dads potato phone.
XkDXiUb.jpg

Here it is at a later stage with seat mounted on brackets welded to the tubular frame. 40" screen has also bee mounted to brackets which have again been welded to the frame (pictured later). Also attached wooden backboard which the pedals will be mounted too.

dCpaoAm.jpg

Here we have the wooden mounting points for the wheel and shifter attached to the frame, with the pedals also mounted below.

I've uploaded a gallery of more shots I've taken since getting to this stage.

It's still not 100% complete. I would like to paint it etc. But at least now i can have some fun with it :)

there's NOthing like building your own Rig, Congrats Evan. Now go have some fun and start thinking of upgrades. (tactile, button box, Motion maybe....) ITS all more than possible with a little help and knowledge.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years