My DIY Build

I was heavily inspired by the builds on this page and thought I'd document the process. I chose Motedis as my vendor. They have a few "predesignated" part kits. A base cockpit frame, a pedal frame, and a seat frame. In the end, I would up not using the seat frame. I did order a couple extra 1m sticks of 6030 and a .5m stick of 6030. Below is what I came up with. I'll also attach the invoice from Motedis, in case anyone wants to duplicate my efforts. Next up will be adding SFX-1000 motion and VR (maybe an Index?).

IMG_1303 (2).JPG

Attachments

• Motedis Invoice.pdf
    13.2 KB · Views: 250
I'm currently designing and building my own rig too.
I'd say that with your rig I'd want some extra profile at the sides of the pedal tray. The black struts there look like they may bend if you have a load cell. I may be wrong of course and they may be thicker than they look in the picture. :thumbsup:

Missed it the first time round, love the fact the cat believes the rig was made for him/her. Such a typical cat thing to do lol :roflmao:

Upvote 0
I'm currently designing and building my own rig too.
I'd say that with your rig I'd want some extra profile at the sides of the pedal tray. The black struts there look like they may bend if you have a load cell. I may be wrong of course and they may be thicker than they look in the picture. :thumbsup:

Missed it the first time round, love the fact the cat believes the rig was made for him/her. Such a typical cat thing to do lol :roflmao:

Thanks for the feedback. There isn't any noticeable flex with the current setup. I do want to get a loadcell mod for the pedals at some point. So, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.

And yes, Tulip only moves from that spot when I move her to play.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. There isn't any noticeable flex with the current setup. I do want to get a loadcell mod for the pedals at some point. So, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.

And yes, Tulip only moves from that spot when I move her to play.
Ah ok, without load cell then probably ok. I'll show you what I'm doing with my load cell pedals and my rig at some point.

Is that a new thread I hear?
Sim Rig Pets?
Hope you and Tulip have a great time with the new rig!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years