My cockpit 3D

Maybe he will become a reality.

The first version will have no spin adjustment at the steering wheel base and tilt throttle adjustment.
Once I master the measures involved will add fine adjustments.

I accept suggestions.

Att.

Leandro

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 276
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 286
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 268
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 293
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 254
I need to further validate the GT style cockpit concept. When I have the most refined concept I will put more dimensions. Do you need any specific dimensions?

Hey Leosor,

This look very interesting, i would highly appreciate, if you could share your measurements on this build, when you come so far! Would you use aluminum profiles 40x40mm or something similar?

Currently i'm using a Fanatec wheelbase with wheel and pedals, but my chair is badboy from ikea with a blanket for comfort, it keep sliding back words in breaking zones, so every 2nd lap i gotta jump ahead again, so i can reach my pedals.:thumbsdown:
1577998916721.png

Upvote 0
I need to further validate the GT style cockpit concept. When I have the most refined concept I will put more dimensions. Do you need any specific dimensions?

No, just out of curiosity more than anything.
I like to see the details of other people’s rigs, and how they compare to mine, see if I can learn anything.

I want to change mine over to 8020, but im
Having to wait, so living my rig dream through others:roflmao:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hey Leosor,

This look very interesting, i would highly appreciate, if you could share your measurements on this build, when you come so far! Would you use aluminum profiles 40x40mm or something similar?

Currently i'm using a Fanatec wheelbase with wheel and pedals, but my chair is badboy from ikea with a blanket for comfort, it keep sliding back words in breaking zones, so every 2nd lap i gotta jump ahead again, so i can reach my pedals.:thumbsdown:
View attachment 341942
I will share all dimensions soon with the community. I will release a preview version. After, only minor adjustments.

Currently has to make corrections also every two turns. :)

Upvote 0
No, just out of curiosity more than anything.
I like to see the details of other people’s rigs, and how they compare to mine, see if I can learn anything.

I want to change mine over to 8020, but im
Having to wait, so living my rig dream through others:roflmao:
Accompany me then on this journey. I want to take full advantage of the 3D model before moving on to manufacturing. Our colleagues will help us come up with an honest model.

Upvote 0
Hey Leosor,

View attachment 341942
Profiles 45x 45 and 45x90.

Upvote 0
Make the upright profiles higher (it will look like an H), so you can mount the wheel higher if you want. Better to have them too high than too short and you can put extra corner brackets on top of the horizontal bar.

Upvote 0
Does this plan on having motion at any point?

Just wondering on thoughts about profile if motion is required. Looking at the P1 it uses 40 x 160 profiles in the base, but others have used 40 x 120. What sort of moment of inertia for x and y is required for a motion rig.
I know it won’t be a given value, but is there a rule of thumb we should be aiming for?

Upvote 0
Does this plan on having motion at any point?

Just wondering on thoughts about profile if motion is required. Looking at the P1 it uses 40 x 160 profiles in the base, but others have used 40 x 120. What sort of moment of inertia for x and y is required for a motion rig.
I know it won’t be a given value, but is there a rule of thumb we should be aiming for?
Hi Kieran,

The drawn platform will have no motion.
I have no experience in the design of Motion platforms.

However, physically speaking, I would take into account:

** Considering a cockpit in real situations, level and static, the four points (Actuators) must have the same distributed mass. And also seek the center of gravity as close to the ground as possible;

** With distributed load the moment of inertia will be more quickly overcome by the actuators.

In machine designs this results in huge resource savings.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back