My car spinners have gone?

Hi guys.

Wonder if anyone here can help me with a little problem :).

I just installed windows 7. All is well with the PC and my games and I'm very pleased, but I've come up on a little problem!!

I had Race On (Steam version) installed on seperate partition so that I wouldn't have to re-install all my mods and tracks etc. At first the game wouldn't start so I installed Steam again in the same location and the Sims then showed as installed in Steam. The game starts fine and runs normally, but none of the cars are showing up in the car spinners. It just says loading, but the cars never show up. This is for all the cars as well as mods. Nothing else is missing that I can tell!!

Has a file been corrupted or lost that I could simply replace to get the spinner working again?

I'm not familiar with the UI files so I don't know if something is missing or not. Obviously I could install the game again, but I'd rather not have the hassle of putting all my tracks etc back in the game if there is a simple fix.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks, Phil :)

I have an easier solution so you don't have to alt-tab out of the game every time:

Open your plr file and look for "high process priority = 0" and change to "high process priority = 1".

I had the same problem and that solved it. It also gives a nice performance boost :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%