My 2 week project F3.5

Now that club racing has stopped for the holidays, I've decided to spend the next 2 weeks in between work and family driving the F3.5 2014. I realise quite a few of you know this car inside out but I find it a handful to drive so I've set myself a challenge to try and tame it. I will continue with Silverstone and my best time as of yesterday was a slow 1.49.233. My aim is to get this down to 1.44 or 1.45 and I'll be happy. All hints tips and anything else welcome cheers :)

Jim this is not a bad setup too.
Its Suzuka but the tweaks for Silverstone are minor (and classified).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0q89b0vtm4aw1ul/FR3514SUZTest c.svm?dl=0
I dared to download and try your setup.
Even if I didn't spend a lot of efforts tuning this car myself (no ride height in Motec), your setup was much better than mine at Silverstone (feeling of the steering completly different), I was several seconds faster ...
Thanks a lot and congratulations.

Even if I didn't spend a lot of efforts tuning this car myself (no ride height in Motec), your setup was much better than mine at Silverstone (feeling of the steering completly different), I was several seconds faster ...
You stole my set up? that was designed for me by my race engineer!

I appreciate that as I know that you put a lot of time and effort on the subject.

You stole my set up? that was designed for me by my race engineer!
It was a double check, Jim, I didn't want you to despair if you were unable to obtain your objective lap time (quite steep). But with the high performance lubricant you seem to enjoy, I have no doubt you'll succeed.

No doubt your race engineer is very competent.

It is the first time in many years that a downloaded setup works straight for me.

Have fun racing, and Merry Christmas.

It was a double check, Jim, I didn't want you to despair if you were unable to obtain your objective lap time (quite steep). But with the high performance lubricant you seem to enjoy, I have no doubt you'll succeed.

No doubt your race engineer is very competent.

It is the first time in many years that a downloaded setup works straight for me.

Have fun racing, and Merry Christmas.
Our lawyers are watching :sneaky:

Tried a few laps before work this morning and didn't manage one clean lap. I'm losing the front end so do I need to shift some weight to the rear? How does the front rear weight work with open wheelers compared to tin tops. That's with the Suzuka set up David gave me. HAs everyone struggled at first with these cars? Cheers as always

Jim is it on cold tyres?
is it under brakes ?
are the fronts locking?
if so u know what to do......

.Is it in high speed (aero) or low speed (suspension) corners.
is it on brakes or throttle?

But mate brake balance aside just drive, the setup is fine.
If anything lower front dampers (in advanced settings under 3rd spring) 1 click.

Remember what @Simon Christmann said about setting targets??????? (despite his very naughty aspertions above about my setup)
What were they? clean laps or lap times??

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks to you gents for getting me back behind the wheel. For one reason or another not had a drive in a while on anything. So after updating the build which then killed my install and then re installing (which was worth doing anyway, gotta love updates!). I fired up the FR3.5 and Silverstone. I then realised what I had been missing, it is my favorite car in sim land. The feel through the wheel is breathtaking, no other sim comes close to RF2.

After some minor setup tweaks I just sneaked into the 1:48's got a long way to go to get into the mid 40's but I am looking forward to the challenge. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%