MXGP

Have to say I quite enjoy playing the game in 1P mode. Tracks are nice. bikes not stupid easy to ride qand you have to really plan your moves.

But online is total insanity! I am winning races in career at hard and expert but am getting utterly, completely and totally blown away by other players online, have never finished in front of one yet and played a few times now.

I dont know what I am doing wrong, maybe not using gears, but am on hard physics so am leaning myself and weighting, but just get utterly owned every time.

My abandon is now at about 60 as I just cant be doing with getting thrashed this easily.

Have to say I quite enjoy playing the game in 1P mode. Tracks are nice. bikes not stupid easy to ride qand you have to really plan your moves.

But online is total insanity! I am winning races in career at hard and expert but am getting utterly, completely and totally blown away by other players online, have never finished in front of one yet and played a few times now.

I dont know what I am doing wrong, maybe not using gears, but am on hard physics so am leaning myself and weighting, but just get utterly owned every time.

My abandon is now at about 60 as I just cant be doing with getting thrashed this easily.

In my experience, it doesn't matter how good you think you are, there's always some ****er whos' better than you...

... and I must admit, I'm not a massive fan, do you need to have an Xbox pad for this game or something? I'm playing with KB&M and I can't even complete a race! The frustration is killing me.

Anyone else have this?

I'm trying to open the newer Milestone 3D files. The racing game is MXGP by milestone, but they should be the same as a newer MotoGP games. I've downloaded 3DSimED3 but the formats aren't supported. Any ideas, thanks.

I had played 100's of hours of Motocross Madness 2 back in the day. A good part of that was in the stunt maps or doing solo laps with a ghost rider. I would love to see see a patch or a mod adding additional game modes to MXGP.

Great game but I suck at it! I've played it over 9 hours and have only won one race against easy AI. Mastering the controls is hard.

MX Bikes continues to develop into what is looking like a very rounded and realistic bike racing game - and it's about time we do some catching up about what's changed in recent weeks!

I'll admit this one rather sneakily dropped off my radar these last months, and thanks to a gentle nod by RaceDepartment member @KittX I've revisited the game and found out that plenty has been happening since I last took a look at the title.

Holding the honour of being a bike simulation that is not only based firmly in simulation, but also enjoys VR support, MX Bikes is a very interesting prospect indeed. Not massively content heavy at this point of development, in fact both AI and career modes are missing from the title during the current early access development - the simulation is still a title very worthy of keeping an eye on in the months ahead.

Developed by one man band Piboso (of Kart Racing PRO fame), if you like Supercross bikes, and you fancy a challenge, this could be a game for you.

MX Bikes Update 2.jpg

As it has been a while since we last looked into this game, I'm going to get us right back up to speed by listing below details of the most recent updates released for the title:

MX Bikes beta13c (December 2nd)
  • fix: connection freeze on the server
  • fix: live timing support
  • new: live timing output to file
Release notes
- The server connection freeze fix should also eliminate the connection lag on the clients
- There should be less fps stuttering in testing mode and when hosting a race

MX Bikes beta13b (November 25th).
  • fix: multiplayer crash
  • fix: spectator join
  • fix: missing boots of remote riders
  • fix: missing helmet cam of remote riders
  • fix: temporary model
  • fix: connection freeze
  • fix: memory leak
  • new: possibility to vote to reset the track
  • new: dedicated server option to disable polls during a race
Release Notes
- Multiplayer voting has been changed:
-- The default vote when on track is No
-- Spectators cannot start a poll or vote, except for bans and during "waiting" sessions
- The race pre-start length has been shortened

MX Bikes beta13 (November 4th).
  • fix: air controls over 90 degrees angles
  • fix: jump start bug
  • fix: wrong pit position
  • fix: connection freeze during a race
  • fix: electric bikes support
  • fix: straight rhythm lane crossing check
  • fix: pitboard gap over 10 seconds
  • fix: custom track layout objects
  • fix: controller rumble
  • new: straight rhythm testing gate selection
  • new: complaint animations
  • new: win gesture sitting animation

Release Notes
- MX Bikes now starts in offline mode, too
- The Automatic Rider F/B Lean setting has been restored
- The manual rider L/R lean override now works on the ground, too
- The bike lean during wheelies has been changed
- The air controls have been tuned
- The waiting times during straight rhythm have been greatly reduced, especially in testing mode
- Gearbox preload and direct sit no longer need to be assigned as separate controls
- It is now possible to set the gain for the lean and throttle controls
- The lean control default linearity for the XInput and DS4 controllers has been increased from 50% to 100%
- Added the Windows Taskbar icon

Modding
- The maximum name length is now enforced
- Added support for negative positions in fonts
- Fixed the IK links debug mode

MX Bikes is available now exclusively on PC

MX Bikes 3.jpg
MX Bikes Update 1.jpg

Last edited:
I tried this game a few years back and it was fun, but as noted a little light on the content due to the developer having many projects under his belt at once and being just one man. (given that fact the work he does is amazing).

If more people support the project maybe he can get some more help?
It's really great to see this little nearly unknown project getting some press from RD!

BTW: When I tried the game it had native VR support making it the only VR bike game I can think of! ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 468 39.0%