Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MXGP 3.jpg

Milestone Interactive have announced the third instalment to the popular MXGP series of games is due to be released Spring of this year, representing the full 2016 MXGP, MXGP 2 and MXoN racing season.

Milestone confirm the new title will utilise the ever popular Unreal 4 game engine for the first time, promising fans the move will "take the game experience to a surprising new level". MXGP 3 will accurately represent all the teams, riders and locations of the 2016 MXGP season, plus supporting series MXGP 2 and the MXoN, both in offline and online modes.

Although the game will be targeted towards a wide audience of skills and experiences, Milestone still promise an impressive array of simulation aspects within the new title, such as dynamic weather conditions from sun to heavy rain and fully deformable track conditions, with both muddy surfaces and dust simulated across the tracks in game. Also confirmed for the new title, which is something of a rarity in more recent racing games, is the plan for MXGP 3 to incorporate a sizable career mode for players to enjoy. Unfortunately due to the very nature of the early announcement very few details are currently know as to what exactly the career mode will look like come launch.

Check out the brand new MXGP 3 trailer to see the first in game shots below:
More about the game from Milestone:

MXGP is back! The third chapter is being rebuilt from the ground up to bring the gaming experience to a new level, thanks to the Unreal® Engine 4 full power!

The complete season of MXGP 2016, including MXoN, is just the tip of the iceberg: gameplay and physics improvements, along with brand new and gorgeous graphics, will assure a complete immersion in the MXGP world. Dynamic changing weather, high resolution terrain deformation, updated physics are just some of the features that will make MXGP3 more than real.

MXGP 3 will be available for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 sometime during Spring 2017.

For all the latest news and discussions around the MXGP franchise of games head on over to the MXGP sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Are you looking forward to MXGP3? Which is your platform of choice for this title? Have you tried previous versions of the game? What are your impressions of previous MXGP releases? Share your opinions in the comments section below!

Last edited:
How can I create custom skins for bikes? I did this before for reflex. But what utilities do I need? can't find anything helpful with google.

By the way, is it possible to add the new honda model that comes with the smx riders dlc to the game and delete the ugly model at the moment?

o here is the thing with the AI. In typical Milestone fashion the AI is preset and isn't player aware. The qualifying times are preset and it's easy to test. I followed Favbre in qualifying and he actually had a good pace one I made sure was faster than mine. After a few laps I pitted. Went back out tucked in behind another rider and did the same. End of the session I had fastest lap but the riders I had followed had laps that were FAR slower than they had actually run. In the races they went even slower. Regardless of the setting the AI will be slow or mistake prone. The AI was actually most competitive in qualifying.

Milestone always does this. They don't even try to make the AI good or player aware. Their SBK, MotoGP, and Ride games have the same type of AI behavior. The AI is cheap and on rails so there is no patching that. It's design problem that milestone cant or won't bother to improve. Until another company releases a quality bike game Milestone won't bother to improve their games cause they don't have too.

Saying it's the best MX game ever made isn't really saying much lol. I look at it like this.... if you aren't looking for something deep and realistic and just want an MX game to pass the time with MXGP 3 is good fun and far better than the MX vs ATV games ( unless you want SX tracks and ATVs)

But if you have Milestones previous MXGP games or looking for something the quality level of say Project Cars or Gran Turismo keep looking. The game is really flawed if you are looking for a realistic sim, lacking content that Milestone will charge you for (despite the fact it was included in the previous version), it's a year behind roster. AI that isn't player aware and has its own set of physics. Spotty online. Even the much hyped weather is bad. Every race it's the same pattern, rains heavy on one part of the track, slight one another and dry on the rest. Did Monster sponsor the weather? Cause what's up with the green rain? Lol

On the PS4 the switch to the Unreal Engine is worse than their own in house engine. It's insanely choppy. Audio as bad as ever....
So no I don't think it's great but if you accept it for what it is and don't expect too much it can be fun

Also not sure if this is PS4 only issue but for some reason you can't map the R1 button which is assigned to flashback. Why? Would have been nice to assign the clutch to that one but nope. Having the brakes,throttle and clutch assigned to the shutter buttons would have made playing manual transmission awesome. But since you can't map that r1 button I couldn't find a layout that made sense so I didn't even bother

First time playing 1st lap on hardest setting? How did you know the track? How did you win in your first game when your bike isn't leveled up yet? There's no way this post is complete lie the game is the best MX game I've ever played and I have played them all.

Hello there! this game is fantastic! But what bothers me is that the A.I is really slow on some tracks, well, all of the tracks :) So are there any plans, like is someone working on making this a better game? If not it's perfectly fine, i was just wondering :D

Unfortunately i'm having problems with the fov mod. If i change the fov for the helmet cam, it will change for the 2 chase views as well, wich really sucks. There is no separate setting for the 3 cams.
A fov of 90 for the helmet looks very nice, but the same fov for chase views is horrible, the bike looks too distant and small, and i can't find a way to move the camera closer to compensate the higher fov.
I think i will just quit the idea.
Do you think you could still show how to even tho it will mess with the other views because you could probably make the fov in between so the first person is better and the 3rd person doesnt suffer too much, also for someone who mainly races in 1st.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 393 40.1%