Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MXGP 3.jpg

Milestone Interactive have announced the third instalment to the popular MXGP series of games is due to be released Spring of this year, representing the full 2016 MXGP, MXGP 2 and MXoN racing season.

Milestone confirm the new title will utilise the ever popular Unreal 4 game engine for the first time, promising fans the move will "take the game experience to a surprising new level". MXGP 3 will accurately represent all the teams, riders and locations of the 2016 MXGP season, plus supporting series MXGP 2 and the MXoN, both in offline and online modes.

Although the game will be targeted towards a wide audience of skills and experiences, Milestone still promise an impressive array of simulation aspects within the new title, such as dynamic weather conditions from sun to heavy rain and fully deformable track conditions, with both muddy surfaces and dust simulated across the tracks in game. Also confirmed for the new title, which is something of a rarity in more recent racing games, is the plan for MXGP 3 to incorporate a sizable career mode for players to enjoy. Unfortunately due to the very nature of the early announcement very few details are currently know as to what exactly the career mode will look like come launch.

Check out the brand new MXGP 3 trailer to see the first in game shots below:
More about the game from Milestone:

MXGP is back! The third chapter is being rebuilt from the ground up to bring the gaming experience to a new level, thanks to the Unreal® Engine 4 full power!

The complete season of MXGP 2016, including MXoN, is just the tip of the iceberg: gameplay and physics improvements, along with brand new and gorgeous graphics, will assure a complete immersion in the MXGP world. Dynamic changing weather, high resolution terrain deformation, updated physics are just some of the features that will make MXGP3 more than real.

MXGP 3 will be available for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 sometime during Spring 2017.

For all the latest news and discussions around the MXGP franchise of games head on over to the MXGP sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Are you looking forward to MXGP3? Which is your platform of choice for this title? Have you tried previous versions of the game? What are your impressions of previous MXGP releases? Share your opinions in the comments section below!

Last edited:
MXGP3 only supports Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers on the PC. As a work around you can use the x360ce controller emulator. I've been using a logitech gamepad and the Thrustmaster Freestyler Bike controller to play MXGP3. Although the hadlebars aren't that good, in 1st person view it's quite fun. Anyway just thought I'd post this for anyone having problems using other controllers.
http://www.x360ce.com

NOTE: Place x360ce.exe in the Win64 directory of the game, same folder as "mxgp3-Win64-Shipping.exe". For myself it's
"D:\Games\MXGP3 The Official Motocross Videogame\mxgp3\Binaries\Win64"

**DO NOT place x360ce in main game directory next to "mpgp3.exe", it will not work. Must be in the "Win64" directory.

@Lee [EMAIL]Westwood00@gmail.com[/EMAIL] :
Mate... really.. thank you a thousand times ! It worked ! :confused::thumbsup:
Never thought it was possible. I even can now set my trigger button on my Logitech 3D as a throttle, something I couldn't do before.
This is real life saver. My game now becomes alive, so I feel like I could give it a 8/10 grade. :)
Sadly... as one trouble never comes alone... my GTX 770 just died so I have to play with my old GTX 260, lol, and... you can imagine my experience with game now. Have to lower resolution and ...everything... game look like it's made in 1989 and I can play only practice mode, since racing with AI would kill my fps even more. Oh hell... :(

So it can be done in about every game, right ?
This should be sticky. Really... :giggle:

@Lee [EMAIL]Westwood00@gmail.com[/EMAIL] :
Mate... really.. thank you a thousand times ! It worked ! :confused::thumbsup:
Never thought it was possible. I even can now set my trigger button on my Logitech 3D as a throttle, something I couldn't do before.
This is real life saver. My game now becomes alive, so I feel like I could give it a 8/10 grade. :)
Sadly... as one trouble never comes alone... my GTX 770 just died so I have to play with my old GTX 260, lol, and... you can imagine my experience with game now. Have to lower resolution and ...everything... game look like it's made in 1989 and I can play only practice mode, since racing with AI would kill my fps even more. Oh hell... :(

So it can be done in about every game, right ?
This should be sticky. Really... :giggle:

Yes mate, any game that supports a game controller. Sometimes you need to play about with the settings but quite a lot of the time the program will get a profile that works automatically from the internet.
If you get any problems with it feel free to drop me a message mate.

Interesting reading about the weak AI here. The topic is all over the Steam forums; however, I initially brushed it off because a lot of Steam communities are full of "negative Nancy's" (no offense to any Nancy's here).

If that's what you take from it, By all means look elsewhere.

Every product to ever hit the market has flaws.This one is no exception, The point was (as I'm sure you're intelligent enough to identify) That even if you concentrate on the negatives, this is still the best MX game on the market.

Personally I've only run the game in sim mode and I cant beat the harder settings of Ai.

If that's what you take from it, By all means look elsewhere.

Every product to ever hit the market has flaws.This one is no exception, The point was (as I'm sure you're intelligent enough to identify) That even if you concentrate on the negatives, this is still the best MX game on the market.

Personally I've only run the game in sim mode and I cant beat the harder settings of Ai.
It's downloading now, so I hope the 2 hour window will be enough to make a decision.

MXGP 3 DLC Released.jpg

Milestone Games have released the first piece of DLC content for the new MXGP 3 game... introducing the Monster Energy SMX Riders Cup.

Released to a positive reaction from fans of the series, MXGP 3 appears to mark a considerable upturn in fortunes for a series that has seemingly failed to capture the video game playing audience in the way in which the real world series has achieved over recent years.

Using a combination of simulation features mixed with ease of access and usability, in MXGP Milestone have attempted to recreate a satisfying official MXGP racing title that still appeals to the wider racing game audience.

Notable for the use of the increasingly popular Unreal 4 Engine, MXGP 3 looks to be very much a return to form for a franchise struggling following its initial public launch back in 2014.

With the game having been out for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC since May, Milestone have released the very first piece of DLC content for the title, adding the Monster Energy SMX Riders Cup DLC. Adding the Supermotocross competition, the new DLC sees six bikes from KTM, Husqvarna, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki brought to the game and eligible to race in the new indoor Arena of Gelsenkirchen, Germany.

The player can select any bike among 250cc and 450cc and all 4 strokes models to race around the indoor arena circuit, a far cry from the large scale outdoor venues that form the majority of the locations found within the default content of the title.

The new DLC is available to purchase now and retails at £3.99 for the PC version of the title.

MXGP 3 DLC Released 2.jpg
MXGP 3 DLC Released 3.jpg
MXGP 3 DLC Released 4.jpg
MXGP 3 DLC Released.jpg

Check out the MXGP3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to get the full low down on anything and everything to do with the game. Catch the latest news and join in with the community today!

Have you checked out the new DLC yet? What do you think of the game so far? Would you recommend the title to a friend? Let us know in the comments section below!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back