Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MXGP 3.jpg

Milestone Interactive have announced the third instalment to the popular MXGP series of games is due to be released Spring of this year, representing the full 2016 MXGP, MXGP 2 and MXoN racing season.

Milestone confirm the new title will utilise the ever popular Unreal 4 game engine for the first time, promising fans the move will "take the game experience to a surprising new level". MXGP 3 will accurately represent all the teams, riders and locations of the 2016 MXGP season, plus supporting series MXGP 2 and the MXoN, both in offline and online modes.

Although the game will be targeted towards a wide audience of skills and experiences, Milestone still promise an impressive array of simulation aspects within the new title, such as dynamic weather conditions from sun to heavy rain and fully deformable track conditions, with both muddy surfaces and dust simulated across the tracks in game. Also confirmed for the new title, which is something of a rarity in more recent racing games, is the plan for MXGP 3 to incorporate a sizable career mode for players to enjoy. Unfortunately due to the very nature of the early announcement very few details are currently know as to what exactly the career mode will look like come launch.

Check out the brand new MXGP 3 trailer to see the first in game shots below:
More about the game from Milestone:

MXGP is back! The third chapter is being rebuilt from the ground up to bring the gaming experience to a new level, thanks to the Unreal® Engine 4 full power!

The complete season of MXGP 2016, including MXoN, is just the tip of the iceberg: gameplay and physics improvements, along with brand new and gorgeous graphics, will assure a complete immersion in the MXGP world. Dynamic changing weather, high resolution terrain deformation, updated physics are just some of the features that will make MXGP3 more than real.

MXGP 3 will be available for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 sometime during Spring 2017.

For all the latest news and discussions around the MXGP franchise of games head on over to the MXGP sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Are you looking forward to MXGP3? Which is your platform of choice for this title? Have you tried previous versions of the game? What are your impressions of previous MXGP releases? Share your opinions in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Wondering whether to pick this up for my Xbox One. Was watching some of the championship round in France this morning and looked so much fun. Hadn't watched any of this type of racing for many a year tbh. Only issue for me is the controller. I use a wheel for my racing but would have to use the pad for this and I am not so great on that lol.

Wondering whether to pick this up for my Xbox One. Was watching some of the championship round in France this morning and looked so much fun. Hadn't watched any of this type of racing for many a year tbh. Only issue for me is the controller. I use a wheel for my racing but would have to use the pad for this and I am not so great on that lol.
I'm not sure are you even safe eith that controller too... like I said earlier... my BOTH controllers aren't recognized ?!? Maybe I'm the most unluckiest person on Planet but ...somehow I doubt.
As for the game... I've played it with my keyboard ! Dammit I thought I would never have to say this, since I have FOUR different controllers AND a wheel! (G27, which I didn't even try with the damn game cuz it would make me feel really silly to drive motorcycle with it and maybe even he wouldn't work too:alien:)
So... game isn't bad at all. For sure better than MXGP2, gameplay, collisions (with other drivers. although landings do feel a bit too soft, generic ..somehow), menus (you can set graphic inside the game, I swear, can you believe it?), even sounds, graphic (much better, some shots I take look like real life photos, I swear!) but just that damn controller(s) non-recognition... :(

Is there any further comment on the AI? I watched the VVV video earlier this morning and he was racing the medium AI and it seemed very easy for him but he did say he had played it a lot. HOw many AI levels are there?

Still thinking of picking this up... I keep wondering about picking up a motor bike racing game but the controller issue always puts me off.

I got this on Steam this past weekend. It's been a long time since I played any game without a steering wheel involved. Very impressed with this game! I raced MX for many years (40) and this is the closest thing to reality I've experienced. All the fun with no broken bones.

Reviews seem thin on the ground, No doubt because of the staggered release.

Here's mine, Keen to hear from others.

The best damn MX game ever made. If you have an interest in dirt bike games then buying this should be a no brainer.

Now, I'm sure plenty of people can find plenty to dislike about it,People are like that. But I can't think of a better game in this genre, stretching back to MCM1 .

Personally I think the audio is not great, The graphics could be better, But the game play is solid, The bike reacts in a reasonable,consistent and logical manner and this allows for banging bars all around the track.Sure you can float jumps a little but you get rewarded for keeping her low and getting the back wheel hooked up in the dirt as soon as possible so there is more technique involved then just jump as far as you can and find a sweet spot to land.

Personally I prefer the big natural terrain tracks so the content for me is right on the money, Glen Helen is epic. First-person view is stunning, and the feel of opening her up and screaming down a straight with bikes inches away on either side as we all race to steal a single line through a corner is exhilarating.

Last edited:
Will the guy that created ama 2016 for mxgp 2 be able to do it for this game aswell? 2017 season :D Also i would like to see A.I. improvments of couse if people would like to sit around and search for the solutions :) And who knows if we go into extreme levels we may also be able to modify the physics like in the motogp series... I don't know though, just bought the game and it's now installing!

I unpack all the game, can`t load in unreal editor, it ask for pay plug-ins, so, i`m stuck, but! there is other way i`m still trying, this way, like Street Fighter V, no success still :(
That`s for graphics, for control files like AI i think we can edit they anyway.

BTW there is DLC ready around the net ;)

Last edited:
I bought the game, uninstall MXGP2 and fun is about to start. :inlove:
At least I thought...
Damn game won't recognize my Logitech 3D which I use for games like these.
Ok, I'll plug generic playstation type controller (although I hate to play with it, I used to use ordinary joystick for motorcycles) that will solve it, right ? But no. Again... no recognition. :poop:
So I was left to play with keyboard. Which I eventually did. But that sucks. And I can't give any game review based on ...that.
So for me, unless I solve it (somehow?) only way out would be to refunding.
Such a shame. And shame that I'll have to re-install MXGP2 once again.
And it's not like I'm the only one.. internet is full with people who have problems with their controllers in Milestone games.
One good thing about the game is that they move (finally!) graphic settings to within the damn game. Better late then never, it's only 2017. :rolleyes:

I used to play that game too.
This game don't remind me of that one. At all.
Where you can "freeroaming" in this one ?

DID YOU SOLVE CONTROLLER PROBLEM?
I had same problem using other controllers. MXGP3 supports xbox360 and xbox one controllers only unfortunately. So I used x360ce to get my other controllers (non-xbox) working. Use the 64-bit version for MXGP3
http://www.x360ce.com

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years