Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MXGP 3.jpg

Milestone Interactive have announced the third instalment to the popular MXGP series of games is due to be released Spring of this year, representing the full 2016 MXGP, MXGP 2 and MXoN racing season.

Milestone confirm the new title will utilise the ever popular Unreal 4 game engine for the first time, promising fans the move will "take the game experience to a surprising new level". MXGP 3 will accurately represent all the teams, riders and locations of the 2016 MXGP season, plus supporting series MXGP 2 and the MXoN, both in offline and online modes.

Although the game will be targeted towards a wide audience of skills and experiences, Milestone still promise an impressive array of simulation aspects within the new title, such as dynamic weather conditions from sun to heavy rain and fully deformable track conditions, with both muddy surfaces and dust simulated across the tracks in game. Also confirmed for the new title, which is something of a rarity in more recent racing games, is the plan for MXGP 3 to incorporate a sizable career mode for players to enjoy. Unfortunately due to the very nature of the early announcement very few details are currently know as to what exactly the career mode will look like come launch.

Check out the brand new MXGP 3 trailer to see the first in game shots below:
More about the game from Milestone:

MXGP is back! The third chapter is being rebuilt from the ground up to bring the gaming experience to a new level, thanks to the Unreal® Engine 4 full power!

The complete season of MXGP 2016, including MXoN, is just the tip of the iceberg: gameplay and physics improvements, along with brand new and gorgeous graphics, will assure a complete immersion in the MXGP world. Dynamic changing weather, high resolution terrain deformation, updated physics are just some of the features that will make MXGP3 more than real.

MXGP 3 will be available for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 sometime during Spring 2017.

For all the latest news and discussions around the MXGP franchise of games head on over to the MXGP sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Are you looking forward to MXGP3? Which is your platform of choice for this title? Have you tried previous versions of the game? What are your impressions of previous MXGP releases? Share your opinions in the comments section below!

Last edited:
CatsAreTheWorstDogs i managed to change the Field of View of the helmet camera.
Now it looks way much better.
I also did a test increasing third person camera field of view, but it is pointless and i don't like it, because it looks too far. I tried to move the camera forward but i can't find the values working in hex code.
At least i like how i modded the helm et camera.
I will post the mod after some tests.

Will the guy that created ama 2016 for mxgp 2 be able to do it for this game aswell? 2017 season :D Also i would like to see A.I. improvments of couse if people would like to sit around and search for the solutions :) And who knows if we go into extreme levels we may also be able to modify the physics like in the motogp series... I don't know though, just bought the game and it's now installing!

MXGP3 - 7.jpg

Italian game development team Milestone yesterday released the third instalment of the popular MXGP game franchise, bringing the official game of the 2016 MXGP series.

Available for both console and PC, MXGP3 is the first instalment of the franchise to make use of the ever impressive Unreal 4 game engine and as such boasts some considerably impressive visuals that easily lifts this new game above previous entries into the series.

As is expected with an official licence to recreate the popular MXGP bike racing series, the new game will feature all the tracks, bikes and riders of the most recent MXGP championship and will also include some impressively implemented weather and track deformation effects, again building from previous editions of the franchise in order to move the game on to the next step from its humble beginnings.

Although the game is available now, North American fans will have to wait until June 20th.

MXGP3 - Launch Trailer
MXGP3 - Customisation Trailer

Players who purchase MXGP3 – The Official Motocross Videogame will have access to:
  • An ultra-realistic gaming experience, thanks to the improved graphics, physics and audio guaranteed by the new Unreal® Engine 4;
  • All the riders, bikes and tracks of the 2016 season, including the Monster Energy FIM Motocross of Nations;
  • The Career Mode that will allow players starting from the MX2 category to enhance their reputation and compete with other riders to become the new MXGP World Champion;
  • An even more complete level of bike and rider customization: more than 300 official components from over 75 brands, 40% more than in the past edition;
  • One of the most popular and acclaimed features of the MXGP series, up to 10 2-stroke bike models with dedicated physics and audio that can be used in any game mode.
Simultaneously with the game’s release, you can buy the exclusive Season Pass available for PlayStation4 from 30/5/17 for €14.99.

The following content can be downloaded as soon as it is available:
  • MXGP3 - Credits Multiplier (available from 30/5/17);
  • MXGP3 - Monster Energy SMX Riders Cup (from the 29th of June);
  • MXGP3 - Additional Tracks (from the 27th of July);
With the first DLC, the MXGP3 - Credits Multiplier, available on PlayStation4 and Xbox One for €4.99, you will be able to multiply your credits after every race and in every game mode to reach the highest step of the podium as quickly as possible!

MXGP3 - The Official Motocross Game is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC right now.

MXGP3 - 3.jpg
MXGP3 - 4.jpg
MXGP3 - 5.jpg
MXGP3 - 6.jpg
MXGP3 - 8.jpg

Check out the MXGP3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to get the full low down on anything and everything to do with the game. Catch the latest news and join in with the community today!

Have you tried MXGP3 yet? Does a Motocross style racing title appeal to you? What do you think of the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Typical, Steam forums go into immediate spoilt brat meltdown, meanwhile the user reviews that are starting to show up all seem to be positive.

Granted it has no direct competition so its pretty easy to be the best of the bunch....

Unfortunately i'm having problems with the fov mod. If i change the fov for the helmet cam, it will change for the 2 chase views as well, wich really sucks. There is no separate setting for the 3 cams.
A fov of 90 for the helmet looks very nice, but the same fov for chase views is horrible, the bike looks too distant and small, and i can't find a way to move the camera closer to compensate the higher fov.
I think i will just quit the idea.

I have played the game, the handling and physics is actually surprisingly good.
I like the graphics, but somethings is just BAD... watch whenever you race in the wet. the rain looks just like someone added a rain filter on the image. the riders/track dont get any type of water effect. its just lines on the images "representing" that its wet weather...

Just look at this, this is what im talking about... small issues, but its there!
I have not gotten to much into the cons, but the impression is that its a good concept of what is to come!

Otherwise i think milestone is going in the right direction! the Unreal engine is definitely the right way to go! i would love to see what they can do with MotoGP18

Last edited:
No 720p on the PC version. Game was patched today to fix the resolution issue. Playing just fine at 4k now.
Dont matter what res you playing at, still 720p upscaled it seems, for a 2017 game looks terrible, 100% console port, and the unreal engine games are all blurry unless you disable AA, shame, only got to look on the steam forum for this game, go as far as saying my mxgp1 looks better.

I bought the game, uninstall MXGP2 and fun is about to start. :inlove:
At least I thought...
Damn game won't recognize my Logitech 3D which I use for games like these.
Ok, I'll plug generic playstation type controller (although I hate to play with it, I used to use ordinary joystick for motorcycles) that will solve it, right ? But no. Again... no recognition. :poop:
So I was left to play with keyboard. Which I eventually did. But that sucks. And I can't give any game review based on ...that.
So for me, unless I solve it (somehow?) only way out would be to refunding.
Such a shame. And shame that I'll have to re-install MXGP2 once again.
And it's not like I'm the only one.. internet is full with people who have problems with their controllers in Milestone games.
One good thing about the game is that they move (finally!) graphic settings to within the damn game. Better late then never, it's only 2017. :rolleyes:
Reminds me Fuel, Codemaster made it in 2009, massive huge freeroam map, very beautiful landscape, you can customize any length race in game editor, and customiaze weather, i still play that game...:D
I used to play that game too.
This game don't remind me of that one. At all.
Where you can "freeroaming" in this one ?

Dont matter what res you playing at, still 720p upscaled it seems, for a 2017 game looks terrible, 100% console port, and the unreal engine games are all blurry unless you disable AA, shame, only got to look on the steam forum for this game, go as far as saying my mxgp1 looks better.
Not true. Is your game pirated and not patched? It's true 4k for me after the day 2 patch, no upscaling.

Clearly states the day 1 resolution issue has been fixed here in the first patch.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/561600/announcements/detail/1261418540130084185

FYI, there's no blur If you turn down the motion blur from the high setting. Low or off makes everything clear.

Last edited:
"Not true. Is your game pirated and not patched? It's true 4k for me after the day 2 patch, no upscaling.

Clearly states the day 1 resolution issue has been fixed here in the first patch.

FYI, there's no blur If you turn down the motion blur from the high setting. Low or off makes everything clear."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not got mxgp3, just from what i have read and all the streams i have seen, all UE games have the blur mate if AA enabled, fact/and know problem, get it on Squad and PUG, oh, and just because you have a 4K res dont mean textures has not been upscaled, just like with xbox one games running at 720/900 and still res of 1080P

Last edited:
"Not true. Is your game pirated and not patched? It's true 4k for me after the day 2 patch, no upscaling.

FYI, there's no blur If you turn down the motion blur from the high setting. Low or off makes everything clear."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not got mxgp3, just from what i have read and all the streams i have seen, all UE games have the blur mate if AA enabled, fact/and know problem, get it on Squad and PUG, oh, and just because you have a 4K res dont mean textures has not been upscaled, just like with xbox one games running at 720/900 and still res of 1080P

If you have a 4k monitor or screen you would know there's a huge difference between true 4k and upscaled 4k. I'm telling you now, its not upscaled, its true 4K. The difference between 720p upscaled to 4k and true 4k is so dramatic that even a blind man would notice. Obviously you don't own the game or at least legally, if you did you would know the day 1 resolution issue is fixed and its not upscaled.

I bought the game, uninstall MXGP2 and fun is about to start. :inlove:
At least I thought...
Damn game won't recognize my Logitech 3D which I use for games like these.
Ok, I'll plug generic playstation type controller (although I hate to play with it, I used to use ordinary joystick for motorcycles) that will solve it, right ? But no. Again... no recognition. :poop:
So I was left to play with keyboard. Which I eventually did. But that sucks. And I can't give any game review based on ...that.
So for me, unless I solve it (somehow?) only way out would be to refunding.
Such a shame. And shame that I'll have to re-install MXGP2 once again.
And it's not like I'm the only one.. internet is full with people who have problems with their controllers in Milestone games.
One good thing about the game is that they move (finally!) graphic settings to within the damn game. Better late then never, it's only 2017. :rolleyes:

I used to play that game too.
This game don't remind me of that one. At all.
Where you can "freeroaming" in this one ?

i just saw these pics, and reminds me Fuel, that game is freeroam, not this one...:sneaky:

Last edited:
If you have a 4k monitor or screen you would know there's a huge difference between true 4k and upscaled 4k. I'm telling you now, its not upscaled, its true 4K. The difference between 720p upscaled to 4k and true 4k is so dramatic that even a blind man would notice. Obviously you don't own the game or at least legally, if you did you would know the day 1 resolution issue is fixed and its not upscaled.
Told you twice i dont have the game, just going by what people are saying on the forums, and what i have seen on twitch streams, good to know that it is true 4k.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 196 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.4%