AC MX5Cup @ ROAD ATLANTA, Wednesday 17th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I outbraked before the turn in point and was actually ahead of the yellow car, on an inside line on the brakes. I don't doubt I would have had to concede the position but corner is plenty wide enough for both to take it had the yellow car not turned in as tight as they did. Fully respect the suggestion of checking the etiquette but unlike the example in the guide, I was ahead on the track entering the corner, other guy was carrying more speed, I would not have held the place but it didn't need to come to contact.

Last edited:
yes I lost some in front of you time because I was always scared of getting into Colin's car at a certain time, especially on that twisty part of the track.
The rest of the race wasn't too bad, I was disappointed because no matter what I tried (late brake, early brake, early apex, late apex) I couldn't get T7 well and constantly lost more than one second there, lapping around 1.42 when with just a little less fuel I qualified in the 1.39.9xx and managed to make some laps just over 1.40 :mad:
At least I did not make any major mistake (yeah, some oversteer here and there and one off-track excursion at the first chicane) like instead I did in other races, and managed not to spin in T5 which was my biggest concern. In the end I was relatively happy: I hoped it could've been my first top ten race, but I realized I simply hadn't the pace in the race that I had in the quali.. Still practicing for consistency, my best times are always peaks in an unstable graph, rather than little higher deviations from a steady line :(
Hi Omar,

I just want to say that I see that your making progress :thumbsup: . Keep practicing and racing and I'm certain you will get your top ten result.

I outbraked before the turn in point and was actually ahead of the yellow car, on an inside line on the brakes.

The turn in point starts where the yellow car is situated, in the middle of the row of cones on the left hand side of the road. At that point you were behind the car in question. T1 is a high speed corner that can be taken @ full speed in 4th gear or 5th with a light touch on the brakes. Your 'line' required some heavy braking and probably some more after the apex to avoid going off the road.

Unfortunately, it's really difficult to change direction @ T1 when you're nearly going flat out - a slight deviation can send you off. The 'cut' was probably as much ground as they could concede given the circumstances.

Edit: After some reflection & in the interests of balance, there is a counter argument* to some of the points that I made.

The first part involves myself & Yohann on lap two - he makes a last second brake adjustment & turns further in to the corner. Once I'm aware of Yohann's car I stop turning in & start to straighten up the car as much as can (not sure how that would work with a GT3 car though...).

Last edited:
Hi Frank,

You're quite new and you admit that it was your fault so that's good. A case of misjudging the situation. That can happen and has happened to all of us and probably will happen again as you are building up experience.
But for the next races remember that this is a classic situation for the Golden Rule. So you had to wait for him and let him pass before continuing your own race.
Please keep that in mind for the next races and you'll be fine.
This slipped my mind. I thought I only had to wait for him to be on track again - but that's only because I was making such good pace at the time. I will have to keep this in mind first.

yes I lost some in front of you time because I was always scared of getting into Colin's car at a certain time, especially on that twisty part of the track.
The rest of the race wasn't too bad, I was disappointed because no matter what I tried (late brake, early brake, early apex, late apex) I couldn't get T7 well and constantly lost more than one second there, lapping around 1.42 when with just a little less fuel I qualified in the 1.39.9xx and managed to make some laps just over 1.40 :mad:
At least I did not make any major mistake (yeah, some oversteer here and there and one off-track excursion at the first chicane) like instead I did in other races, and managed not to spin in T5 which was my biggest concern. In the end I was relatively happy: I hoped it could've been my first top ten race, but I realized I simply hadn't the pace in the race that I had in the quali.. Still practicing for consistency, my best times are always peaks in an unstable graph, rather than little higher deviations from a steady line :(
T7 brought much pain and suffering :cry:

Litte comment about CSP:
While doing the Screenshots I thought I'd put some stats-screenshots next to the configs.

This is WITHOUT CSP:
RenderStats_NoCSP.JPG

And this is with ONLY the custom fonts rendering + hardware acceleration in the General Patch Settings enabled. Everything manually disabled:
(I'm using a 90 fps limit!)
RenderStats_CustomFontRenderin_ONLY.JPG

This is the impact of the HUD apps.. And I already don't use that many...
REND went down from 8.1 to 5.8 and HUD from 6.0 to 1.4.

Which results in the CPU frametime dropping from 16ms to 10.3ms! :confused::confused:

(I didn't bother to round accurately, just cut off the decimals :p)

And my current config:
the CPU frametime didn't really change but the MAIN_T went higher due to more "RENDering" stuff.
And the DIFF, which afaik is what the GPU frame time put on top to the final FrameTime (FT) got quite a bit higher.
RenderStats_RasmusConfig.JPG

Finally:
ONLY the default-optimazions activated, FFB Tweaks and Windscreen FX. You won't get any eye-candy from this config, but a lot of performance!
1616084811815.png

Attachments

• RenderStats_OptimizationsOnly.JPG
    RenderStats_OptimizationsOnly.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Looking at the replay again, I had a huge crash at the top of the hill on the opening lap. I don't understand why this happened. My started braking before the car ahead, and was on full brakes, yet still hit him. It began with a dab of brakes, but shortly was full braking. I'm sorry I messed everyone up.

Review

Last edited:
Finally:
ONLY the default-optimazions activated, FFB Tweaks and Windscreen FX. You won't get any eye-candy from this config, but a lot of performance!
1616084811815.png
I'll have to pop into AC to see how I'm running but what did you change in CM for this? Apologies if you've posted a link to something and I missed it.

I'll have to pop into AC to see how I'm running but what did you change in CM for this? Apologies if you've posted a link to something and I missed it.
Links and settings are still missing, just wanted to post my findings :whistling: :roflmao:

But basically you simply download csp, disable everything apart of the defaults/optimizations in the general patch settings and that's it.

In the stock ac, the hud apps are rendered inefficiently and tank your fps.
Cm enables some different, gpu accelerated rendering for these hud apps, which boosts your performance massively if you are cpu limited (like basically everyone).

The more of the fancy stuff of csp you enable, the more your cpu (and especially the gpu) will have to work again though.

As this is such an active thread, I would like to invite you for the test event tonight at 21.00 (20.00 UTC) . It's a test for 2x25min race with top 5 reverse grid. In total (practice, qualify,races) it takes only 1,5 hour. But it's ok to skip practice and qualify if that's to much. But please register before practice starts and look at the rules under the 'scoring' tab.

If you can spare the time and have some fun also, please join. We can use some more drivers for this. It's in the form of a championship so register there.

N.B. Discord is essential as we can expect that things don't turn out as we think and thus communication is necessary for problemsolving.

Last edited:
Here are all my settings. AC graphics settings, 3 different CSP presets for 0.1.60 and 0.1.71 (always same settings, just more full extensions enabled/disabled).
I wrote some readme about everything in the folders :)

Basically just install 0.1.60 or 0.1.71, throw my presets in your appdata/CM folder and try them. (60 is recommended, I'm using 71 since January and never had issues!)

I LOVE the TAA from "Extra FX" so it's enabled in my config and the "Bare Minimum" config. It's disabled in the "Optimizations Only" config, since it's taking 20-30% GPU load on my RTX 3070 :barefoot:

As this is such an active thread, I would like to invite you for the test event tonight at 21.00 (20.00 UTC) . It's a test for 2x25min race with top 5 reverse grid. In total (practice, qualify,races) it takes only 1,5 hour. But it's ok to skip practice and qualify if that's to much. But please register before practice starts and look at the rules under the 'scoring' tab.

If you can spare the time and have some fun also, please join. We can use some more drivers for this. It's in the form of a championship so register there.

N.B. Discord is essential as we can expect that things don't turn out as we think and thus communication is necessary for problemsolving.

I forgot when I signed up for the race that there was a football match on tonight that I'd like to watch. If it's okay I'll do the first race, start the second rolling start race & park up in the pits after a few laps - that way I'll get to watch most of the second half.

Last edited:
Here are all my settings. AC graphics settings, 3 different CSP presets for 0.1.60 and 0.1.71 (always same settings, just more full extensions enabled/disabled).

Basically just install 0.1.60 or 0.1.71, throw my presets in your appdata/CM folder and try them. (60 is recommended, I'm using 71 since January and never had issues!)

I LOVE the TAA from "Extra FX" so it's enabled in my config and the "Bare Minimum" config. It's disabled in the "Optimizations Only" config, since it's taking 20-30% GPU load on my RTX 3070 :barefoot:

Wow, this is amazing. Thank you! I was running 120+ fps with over 1000 phy_late. You're 'Optimizations Only' brought it down and now I'm running at 90fps and a phy_late of 1. Might not look pretty but I'm not too worried about it. :D
--------------------

On another note. Is there a sound mod for the BMW GT3 anyone recommends?

A note about your settings... 10600k @4.9 GHz | 16GB 3466 CL18 | TUF RTX 3070 <-- :D:p

@RasmusP if you have the time, could you actually do a screen by screen of your CSP settings? I've dropped back down to 1.60.0 as it's the last recommended one. You don't have to of course... what about just a quick rundown of which CSP settings hit the framerates the hardest? (Apologies if you have already done this!)

Looking at the replay again, I had a huge crash at the top of the hill on the opening lap. I don't understand why this happened. My started braking before the car ahead, and was on full brakes, yet still hit him. It began with a dab of brakes, but shortly was full braking. I'm sorry I messed everyone up.

Review

I remember having seen this in the rearview mirror :confused:

Wow, this is amazing. Thank you! I was running 120+ fps with over 1000 phy_late. You're 'Optimizations Only' brought it down and now I'm running at 90fps and a phy_late of 1. Might not look pretty but I'm not too worried about it. :D
--------------------

On another note. Is there a sound mod for the BMW GT3 anyone recommends?
Nice to hear!
You can for sure enable a few eye candy things! Did you try the bare minimum?

Gt3 sound mods: I really like the fonsecker packs. Some are brilliant, some are just "ok" but none of them has annoying noises or sub-bass rumble.

@RasmusP if you have the time, could you actually do a screen by screen of your CSP settings? I've dropped back down to 1.60.0 as it's the last recommended one. You don't have to of course... what about just a quick rundown of which CSP settings hit the framerates the hardest? (Apologies if you have already done this!)
Yeah I thought it you'd store your current settings as a preset, you could just load my preset and "compare".
But I can do the work for everyone too, as it's faster overall :roflmao: :roflmao:
I'll do it tomorrow!

About what hits the framerate the hardest: actually I have no idea...
My presets are basically "everything I like", "everything I really want" and "only get the performance boost and nothing else" :roflmao:

I have no idea if smart shadows are helping the performance or costing performance..
Or if the new shaders (car, paint, water) are helping or making things worse..

I could only do test runs and activate one after another and check.
But I can't be bothered to do this...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years