AC MX5Cup @ ROAD ATLANTA, Wednesday 17th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. This Wednesday we are racing the Mazda MX5Cup @ Road Atlanta in Assetto Corsa and you are invited to join! Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. The MX5 is easy to drive and ideal to let you focus and learn to optimize racing lines and cornering speed.

THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE!

By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints in a car that's less demanding than the GT3's and have a lot of fun at the same time.

1615544385653.jpeg

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
  • Cars: Mazda MX5Cup
  • Track: Road Atlanta
  • 20.00 (19:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 20 minutes)
  • 21.20 (20:20 UTC) | Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 21.40 (20:40 UTC) | Race (40 minutes)
Register your car for this event
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.
Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Useful links

1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Click here for entry list

See you on track!

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

A friend of mine is interested in entering this race. Does he need a premium membership of RD to enter a SPG event?

Edit: I'm sure you do as you won't be granted access to the platform if you are not a premium member

Last edited:
A friend of mine is interested in entering this race. Does he need a premium membership of RD to enter a SPG event?
Yes, to join races within the RD community on s.gp you need a premium membership. Otherwise Bram will not give him access to the RD pages.

If he likes clean and respectful racing than it's a small price for not having to deal with mad drivers on the public servers.

Last edited:
I believe I will give this one a go.
Back in it's day, or in my day, this was a notorious track for motorcycles. I'll put up a link to what the track was before they totally changed the "gravity cavity" sequence. But imagine you're on a '70's era superbike, having spent 30 seconds wfo up the hill and now having descended for another wfo 10 seconds almost as steep as The Corkscrew at Laguna, and you're at the fastest speed you reach on the US roadracing circuit including Daytona. Now, with your flimsy 36mm fork tubes flailing like pool-noodles, you pray a little as you squeeze on the stone-cold primitive single pot front disc brake that you haven't touched for those last 40 seconds and you feel gravity crush you as you desperately decel. Now, if you do get the squirming squalling mess stopped you have to immediately flip 90 degrees left and just as steeply back uphill to the bridge where the real fun begins. More than a few didn't make it home until they changed that and added the bike lane on the downhill esses. Craziness.
I've already logged some laps in the little Mazda, I'm pretty sure I have all the logistics and permits and Discord and all, I know the rules and believe in them, so I'll see y'all on the server.

I believe I will give this one a go.
Back in it's day, or in my day, this was a notorious track for motorcycles. I'll put up a link to what the track was before they totally changed the "gravity cavity" sequence. But imagine you're on a '70's era superbike, having spent 30 seconds wfo up the hill and now having descended for another wfo 10 seconds almost as steep as The Corkscrew at Laguna, and you're at the fastest speed you reach on the US roadracing circuit including Daytona. Now, with your flimsy 36mm fork tubes flailing like pool-noodles, you pray a little as you squeeze on the stone-cold primitive single pot front disc brake that you haven't touched for those last 40 seconds and you feel gravity crush you as you desperately decel. Now, if you do get the squirming squalling mess stopped you have to immediately flip 90 degrees left and just as steeply back uphill to the bridge where the real fun begins. More than a few didn't make it home until they changed that and added the bike lane on the downhill esses. Craziness.
I've already logged some laps in the little Mazda, I'm pretty sure I have all the logistics and permits and Discord and all, I know the rules and believe in them, so I'll see y'all on the server.

I presume than that you have already mailed Bram for access on s.gp If he has done his part, you can sign up yourself on s.gp

Road Atlanta is a great track and it's been too long that we have raced there with the GT3s :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It's a great track indeed but for me also one of the hardest for GT3 cars. For the Wednesday race I did some laps with the MX5 and it's really a joy with this car to drive through the difficult parts off the track.

Well - I've registered - but 40 minutes! - I'll have to work hard to not get lapped twice! :rolleyes: :notworthy:
The 40 minutes is an expirement. I will ask after the race how you all think of it. The Sunday race with GT3 is an hour and very intens. Half an hour with the MX5 feels like a walk in the park compared to that.

I have to withdraw, seems I have to take my granddaughter to the dentist on Wednesday during race time. I was really enjoying the practice laps, great fun in that little car, smooth is everything I think, even though it fells like you want to throw it around. Good luck to all, enjoy.
So my RD debut will be spent in the 787B, screaming in futility behind the mighty Porsches at Spa. That'd be me and the 787 screaming most likely.

I'm in for this one too. I enjoyed the Kyalami race and keen to give this a go.

Atlanta Road seems a nice flowing track so far but I'm sure 40mins will take its toll. Should be fun :thumbsup:

Oh man! My memories are playing tricks on me it seems. For some reasons I thought the weekday events got moved from Mon/Wed to Tue/Thu, so when the Group C event got announced for Tuesday, I assumed the Mazdas would be on Thursday. Unfortunately I learned last night that it's already today.

So to make a long story short: I have to sign out. :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :mad:

I was really looking forward to this fun combo and the longer race...

Oh man! My memories are playing tricks on me it seems. For some reasons I thought the weekday events got moved from Mon/Wed to Tue/Thu, so when the Group C event got announced for Tuesday, I assumed the Mazdas would be on Thursday. Unfortunately I learned last night that it's already today.

So to make a long story short: I have to sign out. :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :mad:

I was really looking forward to this fun combo and the longer race...

There are two 25 minute races on Thursday night @ Zandvoort.

Guys,
I have configured a championship with two races to test the reverse grid/gentleman's agreement for coming Thursday. I've limited it to 10 participants. The total will take 1,5 hour. Please register if you are able to join.

EDIT: I suppose that after race 1, you have to wait in the online screen until the second events start and then join. I don't think that will go automatically. Be sure to refresh the page!

To all,

We're doing a test on Thursday for a solution for the 2x25min races with reverse grid (first 5) that we use to have but what's not facilitated (yet) in s.gp.
It's limited to 10 participants but only three have registered. I would like to have some more volunteers in the test where of course things can go wrong.

So if you have 1,5 hours to spare, please register on s.gp here: https://beta.simracing.gp/championships/Xry0GDrW8cpdLvqMuUlPt

It's an Audi TT event on Zandvoort so not too hard. If you do (great :thumbsup: !), please read the rules under the "Scoring" tab. And being on Discord is absolutely necessary for this.

Last edited:
I was just talking to Patrick. When I'm driving the MX5 (at least on this circuit) it has very little steering input. I think it's my wheel. It's set to 900 degrees, but I don't move the wheel more than 45 degrees in this car, on this track. Could there be something wrong? I have a custom LUT by using the lut generator and that tool that makes the steering/feedback more linear (I forget the name right now.) Here's my settings:
settings.JPGcustomlut.JPG

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%