MX5 Cup shifting into neutral

Ahead of next weeks MX5 Cup race I thought I'd download it and have a quick go last night, with the G29 H-Shifter if I heel and toe (to the worst of my abilities) it shifts down ok, if I don't it goes into neutral with a bad shift and will stay there until I stop the car and put it back into first. Can someone please explain what I'm doing wrong?

Maybe open the pedals app and make sure your clutch pedal is working correctly? You should be able to change down even with no rev matching. If you do miss a shift just press the clutch and it should then go into gear.

I doubt that's it, could be, I know some of those racing gearboxes can be upshifted without using the clutch. I have always used the clutch for up and down shifts in the MX5 Cup without issue. Have you tried other H box cars? If you recently started H&T technique could you be timing the clutch wrong perhaps?

It wont shift down at all without h&t, just grinds then goes into neutral, I'll have a look and see if the clutch is set up properly
Yeah I think you should check your clutch. You can shift all cars without a clutch but you have to blip the throttle right or it won't go into gear. It sounds to me like your clutch isn't working properly.

It's not clutch, it's throttle. From 3rd upwards you can shift up and down without touching the clutch at all with no damage. And below 3rd the gearbox will shift with some small damage. The key is just knowing what to do with the right foot.

For downshifts, you want to press throttle pedal before moving the gear stick and keep it at least 50% while the gearbox is in neutral phase between gears.

Since clutch info is not available in replays, i'd recommend recording your screen with pedals app open and studying what your feet are actually doing. You can also record telemetry with a tool like ACTI if you can't record video.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 295 13.4%