RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Glaurung here's my stream of it (warning, lot of rage in this one lol)

https://www.twitch.tv/tylargh/v/79777630
Can I ask about the shifting-method you use ? I see in your vid. you can still use the paddles for up- & downshifts (as in no H-shifter mode), but while using the faster method with the clutch pedal at the same time.

My method is a little bit slower, still using no cluch (auto clutch, paddle shift). Maybe I want to try out your method. Thx ! :)

Last edited:
@Marco Waechter

I'm just rev-matching on downshifts. I only do this under heavy braking, during long sweepers I'll throw the clutch in and blip the throttle to keep the car settled (like on t1 of silverstone nat).

This is really easy to do in AC, and harder to do in iRacing.

Also, I don't have auto clutch or any assists on, the game won't let you do this if you have the assists on.

I was (am) just wondering how you use still the paddels instead of a H-shifter: I thought, when the H-shifter mode is on (which it is for you, or is it not ? :)), then you can't use the paddles (the game won't let you anymore). That's my main 'concern' & question. thx !

(I have turned auto clutch and all else assits off as well, but the game puts the auto clutch on automatically in the "no H-shifter mode" when wanting to use paddles. Otherwise you normally can't use paddles, so I'm still wondering how that works for you.)

Last edited:
Huh, that's interesting. I didn't know there's an H-Pattern "mode", I just don't have anything assigned to the h pattern, I don't think I specified any mode though. I'm pretty sure that if I try to shift without using the clutch or rev match it will just stall the car or grind the gears though.

I hope there's no secret auto-clutch that I don't know about...

FWIW, I do this in iRacing as well, and it will work, but it's a bit better simulated, and I'll occasionally miss shifts, in AC I hardly ever miss shifts

@Paul Jeffrey
But, I also think that there was a lot of avoidable contact in this race, and hopefully people will watch the replays and learn from it for next week. The Nords is way less forgiving :D, and you really have to fight on that track for position.

@tylargh , we had a little contact during lap 14 or so. In your video you got mad at me. But I couldn´t do much about this situation.
For some reason you slowed down and I wasn´t quick enough to go off throttle. Maybe it´s a netcode thing but it definitely wasn´t intentional!

@tylargh , we had a little contact during lap 14 or so. In your video you got mad at me. But I couldn´t do much about this situation.
For some reason you slowed down and I wasn´t quick enough to go off throttle. Maybe it´s a netcode thing but it definitely wasn´t intentional!
That definitely looks like netcode there... just an ever so slight warp.

@BioForce yeah I think I unfairly called you out, sorry about that. It was hard keeping track of people.
Having seen your stream I can understand you very well! The hardest thing in racing is to try to keep calm and focused after such an initial setback ... and I think you did quite well :D The odd f-word is essential to simply regulate the pressure!
In order to keep up the level of fairness on track right from the start, I would suppose not to refrain from filing reports if justified. This is not to penalize other drivers but rather to show that these things don't go unnoticed.
I filed a report already yesterday .. in the form of a big dent in the casing of my computer, which despicably failed to support my race :thumbsdown: :cool:

@BioForce Not related to you, of course .... that was nothing ;)

Ha! Only time I would ever file a report is if someone was making personal insults at another person, bullying, stuff that detracts from the spirit of league racing. All of these things were innocent race incidents, the kind of incidents that are worthy of a report - wrecking, blocking, etc - the mods would catch just as easily as me. It's probably not clear in the vid, but internally I was equally mad at myself for putting myself in the position to enable the incidents to happen. No offense, but when you're fighting to regain position from the back of the pack, you're going to be driving against less experienced drivers, and clean passing is riskier.

Hell, I've never even filed a report in iRacing. People make mistakes, learn from them, and they'll make them later. It's part of the game!

Huh, that's interesting. I didn't know there's an H-Pattern "mode", I just don't have anything assigned to the h pattern, I don't think I specified any mode though. ..
The H-shifter 'mode' can be set in the control options (uncheck or check "use H-shifter").
--
Anyway, will try this out what you do. Because I want to stay using the paddles (and no H-Shifter) to have both hand on the wheel all the time, but with the quicker gear-change (upshift) method (using a manual clutch). Just thought this combination (paddles + manual clutch) is impossible to do / to set up in AC at H-shifter cars like this one is, but when you can do it and there's no trick, then it must indeed work regulary.

Last edited:
:roflmao::rolleyes::roflmao:
2994f91.jpg
:laugh::laugh:

Ro3 Flyer.jpg

Race Details:
  • Date - Sunday July 31st 2016
  • Circuit - Nordschleife Endurance
  • Server Name - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MX5 Cup Ro3
  • Server Password - HERE
  • Skin Pack - HERE
  • Track pack - HERE
  • Live Broadcast - Twitch TV
Race Schedule:
  • 15:00 GMT - Booking (180 minutes)
  • 18:00 GMT - Free Practice (45 minutes)
  • 18:45 GMT - Qualification (30 minutes)
  • 19:20 GMT - Race (4 laps)
Server Settings:
  • Automatic Clutch: Yes
  • Traction Control: No
  • ABS: Yes
  • Stability Control: No
  • Damage Multiplier: 10%
Weather Forecast
https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/GMRP0402:1:GM

Entry List
  1. @Geof (Geoffrey Tassenoy)
  2. @Tobias Röhner
  3. @metaDp (Cyrille Saussey)
  4. @SakL (Sakke Leponiemi)
  5. @BioForce (Christian Schumann)
  6. @Norman Bruce
  7. @Andrew Harper
  8. @speedyx56 (Pierre Cavillon)
  9. @RippedXFuel (Henrik Heide)
  10. @Queequeg (Gabriel Sterr)
  11. @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio
  12. @Marco Waechter
  13. @Craig Patteson
  14. @Paul Jeffrey
  15. @Frank (Frank Van Oeveren)
  16. @Paul Blythe
  17. @Nave (Evan Marion)
  18. @tylargh (Tyler Breland)
  19. @Sunny Sky Speed (Jurgen Van den Noortgate)
  20. @Dinca Andrei
  21. @saxoross (Ross Downing)
  22. @Bazooka_Joe (Radek Milcarz)
  23. @PaulH (Paul Hurlow)
  24. @Artur Czarnecki
  25. @samcar304 (Sam Carmichael)
  26. @Lorenzo Bonder
  27. @Davy Vandevenne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News