AC MX-5@Tsukuba Circuit Wednesday December 18 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
racedepartement_2k-png.318979

Please reply in this thread and come join us this Wednesday 12/11 for some fun club racing!

Our goal is to put fun first and competition second, there are plenty of places to compete but this venue will serve members who are looking for a community that is focused on fun clean racing.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, on Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa and on this board.

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY )

To Join the team speak just Click "teamspeak" in the blue bar at the top of this page, join the assetto corsa chat channel once in TS.

Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC MOD content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Race Hard But Race Fair - RESPECT Your Fellow Driver. If you bump someone off slow and wait for them this is the "golden rule" of race department events.

Practice Server:

RaceDepartment.com US Practice

Race Server:
RaceDepartment.com US Race

To find servers search "racedepartment"

Car: 1990 Mazda MX-5 (its way more fun to drive than you think!)

Track: Tsukuba Circuit
Link: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tsukuba-circuit.2629/
Layout:
full
Track Temps: 26c
Track Conditions: Mid clouds

Pitstop: None
Driving Assists: ABS / Traction Control
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Fuel consumption = 100%
Tire consumption = 100%
Damage rate =20%
Tire blankets = on

Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7B Download
Highly Recommended App For VR
: Top/Center Flags Download

Schedule (US):
Wednesday 12/18
Practice: 21:00 EST (10 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:10 EST (15 minutes)
Race: 21:25 EST (20 minutes)

Entry List :
  1. @scottiedawg66
  2. Jivesauce
  3. InsaneOzzie
  4. Douglas Garcia
  5. Jean-François
  6. Bobby Pennington
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

Last edited:
it should be fun I liked your local track as well, but figured we might get more sign ups with a well known track that is rarely used in AC. :)

Oh yeah, I understand! I know it's a simple little track but I think there are some slightly unique corners that make it trickier to be fast there than it initially appears. We would probably have about 2 people sign up for it though :roflmao:

If we ever did want to try it in combination with a more popular car, it's good for momentum cars, although still fun even with quite a bit faster cars. Something like AC Legends would be great there, but I know we can't do that. The M235i Racing or old DTM cars would be super fun.

Of course we could always do the E30 BMW 325i coupe there, no bias here at all, please pay no attention to my avatar picture :devilish:

I just raced this exact car/trak on iRacing not even 30 minutes ago! (Great minds think alike, I guess, eh Scott?)

Just tried a lap or two on AC and it sticks to the track a lot more than in iRacing. I'll try to make the race - will let you know in a few days.

Bert

good to hear @InsaneOzzie if you need any help with your VR set up let me know.
Scott, just so you know this ^^^^^guy is the Convict or my brother from down under. An original from Club Hooligan :) He needs all the help he can get, but it's software related in his noggin :D

Mazda-Miata-crashed-on-Road-200-2-23-17-e1487868713884.jpg

I've been practicing so sign me up. Probably just one race again like last week, but I'll show up and do what I can.

Man what a fun race that was last night, maybe the most fun I've ever had racing. I think I spent almost the entire 40 minutes straight with no more than 3 feet between me and Douglas or Scott. It was great hanging out with everyone.

Scott, just to give you a heads up, Douglas convinced me to run another season of the offsite GT3 championship we ran the past couple months, starting in January. I usually only have time to run one race per week, but that series is once every two weeks, so I might drop off to participating here every other week but now that I'm more comfortable with that series I shouldn't disappear entirely like I did last time. Just didn't want you to think I was backing off here permanently if my attendance slides a little bit. Thanks for hosting these races, I really enjoy them.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 428 39.6%