AC MX-5 Cup vs Abarth 500 Corse @ Nürburgring Sprint - Friday July 29th 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
Mx5vsA500.jpg

Mixing up the action eh?

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us as a Premium Member
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #4 (US)
Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars: Mazda MX-5 Cup vs Abarth 500 Corse

Track:
Nürburgring Sprint

Practice:
20:00 EST | 00:00 GMT | 10:00 AEST - (30 min)

Qualifying #1:
20:30 EST | 00:30 GMT | 10:30 AEST - (10 min)
Race #1: 20:40 EST | 00:40 GMT | 10:40 AEST - (15 Laps)

Qualifying #2: 21:00 EST | 01:00 GMT | 11:00 AEST - (10 min)
Race #2: 21:10 EST | 01:10 GMT | 11:10 AEST - (15 Laps)

Entry List:
  1. Lorenzo Bonder
  2. Christian Moreau
  3. Bence Bader
  4. Jriv012
  5. 50ftElvis
  6. tylargh
  7. Mark Oates
  8. goffred
  9. Premium Member Free Slot
  10. Premium Member Free Slot
  11. Premium Member Free Slot
  12. Premium Member Free Slot
  13. Premium Member Free Slot
  14. Premium Member Free Slot
  15. Premium Member Free Slot
  16. Premium Member Free Slot
  17. Premium Member Free Slot
  18. Premium Member Free Slot
  19. Premium Member Free Slot
  20. Premium Member Free Slot
  21. Premium Member Free Slot
  22. Premium Member Free Slot
  23. Premium Member Free Slot
  24. Premium Member Free Slot

Last edited:
Hey Lorenzo, I think you need to give the MX5s some ballast. I think there's about a 3 or 4 second lap time difference between the two cars.

I proposed the FWD vs. RWD event to Lorenzo, and was surprised he got it going so quickly. Cheers!

Since there are already some designated fast drivers who attend the Friday events
(you know who you are, lol...) I had an idea that might interest some (or all.)

Because the MX5 is a few seconds faster, the natural choice would be for many to choose it.
I thought it would be cool to enjoy both of these cars.
Hoping there would be a somewhat decent number of entrants,
I proposed to Lorenzo that 1/2 the drivers choose the MX5 and the second half choose the 500

That being said, they would take their car on track for Race # 1, but switch cars for Race # 2.
This way, the faster drivers could challenge themselves driving a slower car against a faster one.

There are quite a few smaller tracks with many twisty turns and hairpins. The MX5 usually takes off when hitting the higher gears. Throw in a lot of turns, and you have some interesting battles. Plus, I think it's always great to improve one's skill at driving side-by-side, and really concentrating on keeping the line and driver awareness.

Lorenzo asked me to throw this out to those who are planning on racing this Friday.
I think it would be interesting switching up from a RWD to a FWD (vice/versa) in order to get some front runners who may usually be back-markers online.

Thoughts, anyone?

My 50 cents.

In for Friday -

Come on guys NO BOP let us sweat for those positions , hopefully we ll have the field door to door and different ppl on the front , looking forward to this . Big shout out for @Lorenzo Bonder we never can thank enough his commitment and his work. Also thanks everyone for good races and ideas to keep us exited ,we all know its boring to race alone whether u in the front or at the back. see u guys on track hopefully i ll be on ts

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%