AC MX-5 Cup @ Autodromo di Modena - Friday August 26th 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
mx5raceseries.jpg

MX-5's here we go!!!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us as a Premium Member
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #4 (US)
Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars: Mazda MX-5 Cup

Track:
Autodromo di Modena - Standard (download here)

Practice: 20:00 EST | 00:00 GMT | 10:00 AEST - (30 min)

Qualifying #1:
20:30 EST | 00:30 GMT | 10:30 AEST - (10 min)
Race #1: 20:40 EST | 00:40 GMT | 10:40 AEST - (18 Laps)

Qualifying #2: 21:00 EST | 01:00 GMT | 11:00 AEST - (10 min)
Race #2: 21:10 EST | 01:10 GMT | 11:10 AEST - (18 Laps)

Entry List:
  1. Lorenzo Bonder
  2. Christian Moreau
  3. Mark Oates
  4. Quentis Gillispie
  5. goffred
  6. Premium Member Free Slot
  7. Premium Member Free Slot
  8. Premium Member Free Slot
  9. Premium Member Free Slot
  10. Premium Member Free Slot
  11. Premium Member Free Slot
  12. Premium Member Free Slot
  13. Premium Member Free Slot
  14. Premium Member Free Slot
  15. Premium Member Free Slot
  16. Premium Member Free Slot
  17. Premium Member Free Slot
  18. Premium Member Free Slot
  19. Premium Member Free Slot
  20. Premium Member Free Slot
  21. Premium Member Free Slot
  22. Premium Member Free Slot
  23. Premium Member Free Slot
  24. Premium Member Free Slot

Last edited:
If I where a professional driver, say like maybe Daniel Ricciardo. Id smile real big (like always) and thank sponsors, talk about how hard the guys have been working on the car, optimistically talk about the troubles but how we are gonna over come them, and thank the track designer of the great Autodromo di Modena for curing my insomnia. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Last edited:
If I where a professional driver, say like maybe Daniel Ricciardo. Id smile real big (like always) and thank sponsors, talk about how hard the guys have been working on the car, optimistically talk about the troubles but how we are gonna over come them, and thank the track designer of the great Autodromo di Modena for curing my insomnia. :sleep::sleep::sleep:
Whoever designed this track had a couple cocktails too many before drawing it. T4-T5-T6 is like WTF?

67504068.jpg

LOL @Christian Moreau thats it exactly...when does it end.. its kinda like the energizer bunny.... keeps going and going. Great as a go-kart track I bet, but this car sucks. After 100 miles or so, I was able to pull a 1:18.510... but only once and that is probably slow. Be thankful we aren't running the abarth right ? For giggles run a gt2 car on modena after a long session of the mx5 on ... that is at least exciting... instant 1:07s lol

Last edited:
Ill run Lorenzo... not gonna give up ...just presently scratchng my head is all. Dont know bout you all, but the more i think back to the games and tech i played with as a kid... what I have now is freaking unbelievable fun. No complaint here.... but the track does such with this car :)

Ill run Lorenzo... not gonna give up ...just presently scratchng my head is all. Dont know bout you all, but the more i think back to the games and tech i played with as a kid... what I have now is freaking unbelievable fun. No complaint here.... but the track does such with this car :)
My first racing game was Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2. The quest for the McLaren F1 was real. The memories... :inlove: We've come a long way.

Last edited:
Done Quentis, and Chris...I have no problem but...

You have a death wish, don't you?
Indeed, I will enjoy listening to all of you scream. :coffee: If only they had actual footage of J.J. Lehto ripping the F1 GTR in 1995 around Le Mans, in the RAIN, at NIGHT. No traction control, no ABS, manual gearbox... A true death wish if I've ever seen one. :p

Ok, break thru. Last few days it was practically impossible to keep from locking the brakes up on the F1 and the MX5 was nearly impossible to trail brake. Though it was me, not being good an all that. Pushed pedal gamma to high, still... half inch travel and the brakes would lock up. Not Right! Googled, re-calibrated the wheel... and suddenly its alive, trail braking... no problems. Something must have happened in my logitech profiler or my assetto calibration, but its way better. In fact, I am wondering how long ive been driving like this?? Managed a 1:17 in the MX5 a few times, and took the world record on the RSR live timing... whoop de do... there is only one other guy on the charts...lol. Anyway... Modena is never gonna be a favorite but its an interesting lesson in driving. My vote is the MX5...ive been at it all week so I hate to switch cars to what is certain gonna be a disaster for me. Freaking Macf1 is a BEAST, and I am still to heavy on the go pedal to keep her from spinning.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back