AC MX-5@Ahvenisto Circuit Wednesday January 8 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
racedepartement_2k-png.318979

Please reply in this thread and come join us this Wednesday 1/8 for some fun club racing. We had so much fun with these cars last race we are going to do it again!

Our goal is to put fun first and competition second, there are plenty of places to compete but this venue will serve members who are looking for a community that is focused on fun clean racing.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, on Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa and on this board.

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY )

To Join the team speak just Click "teamspeak" in the blue bar at the top of this page, join the assetto corsa chat channel once in TS.

Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC MOD content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Race Hard But Race Fair - RESPECT Your Fellow Driver. If you bump someone off slow and wait for them this is the "golden rule" of race department events.

Practice Server:

RaceDepartment.com US Practice

Race Server:
RaceDepartment.com US Race

To find servers search "racedepartment"

Car: 1990 Mazda MX-5 (its way more fun to drive than you think!)

Track: Ahvenisto Circuit **DELETE OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING NEWLY RELEASED UPDATE**
Link: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ahvenisto-race-circuit.16490/updates#resource-update-53432
Layout:
full
Track Temps: 26c
Track Conditions: Mid clouds

Pitstop: None
Driving Assists: ABS / Traction Control
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Fuel consumption = 100%
Tire consumption = 100%
Damage rate =20%
Tire blankets = on

Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7B Download
Highly Recommended App For VR
: Top/Center Flags Download

Schedule (US):
Wednesday 1/8
Practice: 21:00 EST (10 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:10 EST (15 minutes)
Race: 21:25 EST (20 minutes)

***SERVER AND TEAM SPEAK PASSWORD HAS CHANGED FOR 2020***

Entry List
:
  1. @scottiedawg66
  2. Free slot
  3. Free slot
  4. Free slot
  5. Free slot
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot

Last edited:
Hi Scott, I keep getting kicked out. I installed v1.1.2 of the track :(

Anybody else has the same behavior ?

P.S. Meanwhile, I'll practice offline...

Hey Scott, I have a race on Thursday I'm preparing for, but I will try to learn this track either tonight or tomorrow and join you guys on Wednesday anyway. I'll let you know if I'm not able to get it done.

Ok good, although I might skip this one. I have kind of a bad case of left-foot-braking-itis !

I changed my pedal setup to be 2 inches higher on Dec. 23rd and since about Jan. 2nd, my left calf is in a constant state of half-cramp... it's been better today, so I'll see how it goes this evening.

Have fun tonight :)

Ok good, although I might skip this one. I have kind of a bad case of left-foot-braking-itis !

I changed my pedal setup to be 2 inches higher on Dec. 23rd and since about Jan. 2nd, my left calf is in a constant state of half-cramp... it's been better today, so I'll see how it goes this evening.

Have fun tonight :)

@scottiedawg66 It looks like there are only 2 of us, or maybe 3 if Bobby is able to run. What do you think? Maybe push it to next week and re-tag everyone to try to get some more signups? It's a super fun car/track setup and very unconventional track layout, I can't imagine people wouldn't enjoy it.

I'm with you @Jivesauce . Because I don't practice anymore, I'm very um-competitive and which would leave you two to battle it out and I know you really need 4-5 guys around the same pace to really race.

Btw Colin, that was a good ballgame between our teams.

See you guys next week. Thanks again @scottiedawg66 for setting things up and hosting:thumbsup: :)

Oh crap, I thought I was signed up but guess I had a senior moment. Oh well, sitting here with Team speak on and no one to talk to:p I even practiced but I was terrible anyway! Let's talk about what we can do for the rest of the year. Always fun to run around with you guys, maybe change of day or just a series of the same type of cars so practice isn't so necessary. Just installed Sol 1.4 and it is quite incredible. I vote for Riverside and some hard to drive Group C cars for the whole year:D Thanks Scott for trying

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%