Mutliple rFactor issues

So I just downloaded rFactor Lite from rF website. I installed it and then tried to run rFactor in admin mod which seemed to work as the box with the rF logo appeared but after that nothing else happened. :(
I even tried to open the config but yet again nothing happen. :(

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I should have made my post a little longer :thumbsup:.
I think you need to add a mod and a track to make it work.
But the lite has already a track and a car.
My problem is that the rFactor.exe doesn't want to work since it wants the rF_Config.exe to work so I can setup the config settings as well as open up rFactor but the rF-config.exe is not responding to the command and I don't understand why.

rFactor lite should work on its own without any additions to it.
It sounds like something went wrong with installing, I would uninstall it and then try it again. What sometimes can help, it should not be an issue but still, install it outside the program files folder.

I just tried doing that but yet again I get the same issue. Installing rF lite on my laptop (which runs vista) works 100% fine but on my stationary PC that runs Windows 7 it just doesn't.

I have also tried redownloading the file from the rFactor website just in case the installer file got corrupted during the download.

Btw, thanks for the current help and suggestions. :)

Probably you have some settings in W7 that just prevent rF from running.

Make sure you as user in W7 is an administrator
Properties, security tab for rFactor folder set to full authority for all usergroups
Turn off your virus scanner, they can do weird things :)
Turn off Windows defender in W7

Just a few that came in mind, check those things and more. I have running rFactor in W7 on my laptop and desktop without any issues.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 221 14.3%