Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 Ford Mustang / GTC65 Chevrolet Corvette
Track: Nivelles GP (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 ( 14 laps)

Note 1: Default Skins/Liveries only
Note 2: Race 1 = Mustang / Race 2 = Corvette
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Hans Sneep
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Ali Alami
  5. Carlos Diaz
  6. Warren Dawes
  7. Andreas Loffler
  8. Jack Smith
  9. Peter Van Zanten
  10. Maciej Dolinski
  11. Philip Brown
  12. Alberto Tescara
  13. Knut Omdal Tveito
  14. Brian Wallace
  15. Senad Subasic
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

What a rollicking start to our new GTL Club Year, quite a good turnout and great to see the new members joining. :)
Needless to say, I love the muscle cars, and I enjoyed this new track. The Mustang was really nicely balanced on this track, and the Vette was fun, but much more of a handful, especially if you were a bit heavy on the loud pedal.

I used my old trusty G25 for this one (haven't hooked up the Fanatec Wheel since it was repaired), and felt much more at home with it. It might stay that way for a while. ;)

Had some good racing with Maciej and Stuart at times in both races. I think my bit of practice in the GT350 (for the RDHCS S10) helped give me a slight advantage, plus the handy practice with Rupe earlier in the week. Huge thanks to Rupe for sharing his (G Huttu :whistling:) setup for the Corvette, before that I couldn't get close to his times (Rupe that is, not Greger Huttu :rolleyes: :p ) .

Thanks to Stu for organising, and to all who joined. Hope this is a sign of yet another top GTL Club Year. :cool:

sorry for late arrival ,and sorry for leaving without saying thanks i thought there was another race on when stuart said he was putting the server down , so i left and tried to get back in , but odviously i missed the first race , as the server had donington on it , anyway thanks and congrats to podiums

No probs Warren, i didnt know who GH was :redface: untill a little bird whispered in my ear :thumbsup: when they saw which site it was from. that was his old place of haunting.. the setups are quite oversteerey and take some time to get used to with the loud pedal but on my own i was doing ok., but messed up race 2 and ended up missing a timing gate and i think went a lap down without realising for a lap or so.. But its was great fun all the same had a blast in both races..
Andreas and i had a coming together moment in the mustang in race 1 just a acciedent:) but that's racing no harm done and we were soon back on track racing again it was great fun:thumbsup:
So i had a great night. And good fun on track before testing.. it does pay off even if the race results dont show sometimes.. the whole build up to the race is just as much of an adventure as the race itself..

After the race me Stuart and Knut had to do a little test on another track so that's why we had to finnish quick:rolleyes:

I agree this was a good way to start the new year, it is one of the best Mustang/track combo's I have driven. In Race 1 I got off to a good start from 5th and was in 4th by end of lap one. Was just behind the leaders for several laps, but could not make any ground on them and was also starting to feel some pressure from behind ( Rupe I think?) when my screen froze, and then went into driver recovery ( the software kind) . This has not happen to me for quite a while, perhaps time to get out the vacum and clean out the dust bunnies! Anyway, everything came back in a few seconds and I rejoined the race in 9th behind Roland. At first I was able to close up on him, but his driving was steady, defended well, and dispite a late race mistake, I was not able to get by, but it was loads of fun anway...

Race 2 was completely diffent, dispite using similar set ups.(I had a modified WAD, not realizing he had moved on!) I felt comfortable moving to the Vette, perhaps too comfortable as I made a mistake in quali, and then, starting from the back made another mistake coming out of the long right hander trying to avoid traffic and end up almost last. With lots of race left, I set out establish that elusive Vette rhythm again, eventually started making up some places, mostly due to others misfortune, but still enjoyed it!

Well done to Warren for the double win ( again?) and thanks to Stuart for the event, sort of a "petite" Riverside, Thanks to everyone who came out and hope to see you next week.

Here is a link to the setup..
thanks to the original author and although it was made for another track it does work rather good
just remember it took me many laps to get used to gas pedal and how to steer with it (CLICK)
You cant just boot it and expect it to keep straight, it slides but this also helps in the turning :)
on my own on track using the best lines i was able to set fast lap time in dipped into the 1:25. on a few occasions
but these lines do not always work when racing as it leaves big open place for cars to slip inside. As you brake early to get the power on for the exit. but it was great fun learning with this car

Oops, thanks Warren, my appologies to Maciej, :redface: and congradulations as well...should have watched the replay before I went to press,,,

I was actually pretty happy with your Warwick farm as a starting point, I backed off some of the settings. I did try one of the more "lively" ones, but in my world, I am better off with stable,... tortoise and hare stuff...but will check out Rupe's link, thanks :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back