Music while you race?

Who needs anything else when the engine roar and tyre squeel sounds so damn sweet. Anyway i think music would be far to big of a distraction in a racing environment. Music is ment to be listen to and if you are listening to it while driving you can't be driving you're best and otherwise if you got music playing while you race it's just backround noice wich to me seems pointless.

• Dallas Willms

Same as most above, no music. Even during actual racing at AutoX with just short runs, I find it to be really distracting and I have to shut off my deck.

• Klyde Parker

I would never listen to music while driving. You get so much auditory information during a race that helps keep the on the track. When there is too much load on the engine for the gear your in, when the tires are just begining to scrub, when someone is driving next to you (in your blind spot), etc.

• Stirb Iuliu

Actually, with the music turned on, I can't hear anymore both the engine and the music. So it's either one, either the other one, never both at the same time.

In real life though, I can't drive my cheap car without music in it.

I have never driven with the music on but I figure that I would distract me too much. I would probably miss some shifts and not really hear the tire scrubs. When you are racing, you should really be focused on the race and not wasting your concentration listening to some musíc.

• Panos Vlassopoulos

Music is distracting me.
Engine sound is the only music.
Also i like to hear the gear changing to be precise.

I have the tv/radio/cd on while i drive, can't hear it though over the engine sounds in my headphones. Its nice having music on when you come in to the pits, if its a good choon can help you concentrate for your next stint.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back