Muse's new album.

When watching the trailer, I felt a plum drop into my lungs with dissapointment at 1:30.

Please no Muse:(

Hopefully this is just a joke, if not, my hopes and expectations (see what I did there ?) for the next album will be gone and I will not be able to find any new Muse music

I dunno. I love Muse as well, and this is growing on me a tad. They've always been a band that experiments, and I guess it's a logical progression. It's especially interesting when you consider that the Dubstep-style section is being performed with their normal instruments... Bellamy's guitar is in there, I can definitely hear it, he's just doing some weird stuff with it to make those sounds.

Okay, so the first single has just been released.

My thoughts on it:
It sounds like 80s-Queen if they tried their hand at modern EDM. The lyrics are more simplistic than Muse's earlier releases, but Matthew Bellamy has stated that this was intentional. The track is musically interesting to me... it's got a smooth beat, the buildup gets me fired up, and the soaring vocals at the end blow me away. I like it, but YMMV.

I've always liked seeing bands expand into genres they haven't done before, and I'm still looking upon the release of this album with interest, if only just to see what Muse can do with these new influences.

Not gonna listen to any songs until I get my copy of the album. It's really hard to hold back now that there are live performances now. I WILL HOLD BACK!

P.S., I love Muse to death, by far one of my favorite bands. I was lucky enough to see them three times on their last tour. :D

I can hear shades of Michael Jackson in "Panic Station"... I like it, funky and danceable.
And I really like "Save Me"... Christopher can sing pretty well, and the song builds up very nicely. The melody sounds beautiful too.

I haven't listened to the full half-hour video yet, but The 2nd Law is already looking to be a very diverse album!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%