RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Evedn though i prefer the 2 servers. Id say from now on set it u as a single server but then add something saying if enough interest I will run 2 servers. Also after the last peron had signed up to fill server 1 just post something sayin if enough interest i will open a server 2. This way the guys that signed up straight away get there race as normal but if theres not enough faces then there is no point running another server?

Dateline Circuit De la Sarthe, Le Mans, France:

Davey: Hi Folks your old Pal Davey Lugnuts here for another addition of "insane" Motorsports coverage. We find ouselves at the truly pristine location of the famed circuit for the "24 heurs du Mans".

This event was more of a "lets have fun in a really fast street car" than an actual racing event. so our boys strapped on their choice of land rocket and some semi sticky R compound street tires and let it all hang out! an for more on "hanging out" (wink wink) lets go down to our lovely pit reporter Bonnie Lugnuts!

Bonnie: Thanks davey it's great to be back in the mix here! I couldn't resist being in this gorgeous place to get some, er um I mean, cover the action! Our boys put on quite a show today! The cars were very fast and the courage was high to complete this circuit. Lets talk w/ the ever present Eric Nelson and get his thoughts on the day. ( rolls the eyes )UM hello Eric..............

Eric: HI Bonnie great to see you again! it was quite the event today! The choices of cars was magnificant. Viper, Audi R8, Gumpart appollo were available to all! But if you wanted to win the event, you strapped on the Konisigg CCX land missle! I frankly didn't have the courage to drive that car for the event as it was soooooooooooo friggin fast we knew we would never complete 10 laps. MOMO has let us down in the steering department in this car as it just hunted all over the road at 220 MPH +! NOt to mention that really scary jump at the end of Mulsanne. heres a video of waht can happen there!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFN_Gp1eHN0[/ame]

So the boys set off on the openeing lap without major incident right off.
Race_Steam2009-03-1910-08-40-42.jpg

For an exihibition race that y really pushed pretty hard on the opening lap. It appeared that "no quarter would be given" and the push was on. even at 220 MPH in the fastest corners they were very close to a calamity at any moment! check this opening lap photo out!

Race_Steam2009-03-1910-13-39-81.jpg

It was obvious that if you wanted to do well then you had to strap on your balls and get at it! Sound good Bonnie?

Bonnie: If you took me to a nice cafe to eat and ordered some fabulaous red wine I just might. So how did the race go for you?

Eric: Well Bonnie I took laps in that CCX thing and it was just too much for our steering system. Had we been near another car on the mulsanne straight we would have contacted them and took too many of our friends out. the damn thing would drift line to line on me no matter what I did! Maybe a G25 is going to get ordered afterall....... here and example of why I chose not to CCX today.

Race_Steam2009-03-1910-02-32-09.jpg

So I opted for the R8 and the strategy was to out last the other guys by trying the Mr. Magoo pace and surviving. We out lasted many of our esteemed colleagues but got lapped twice by the winner! how embarrassing. watching the timing readout and using our mirror to be sure I was way to the left side of the road when the leaders came HURTLING through at 100 MPH closing speeds was the right thing to do.

The audi R8 is a strong car! this was evidenced by me bouncing it off something on every friggin side! then after a nice battle w/ Tim Miller we had contact head on at T3. I had let him by as he was clearly quicker ATM. I am pushing a bit harder now to maintain a gap and there he is PARKED at T3! Am I surprised?

taylorspics002.jpg

You decide..........

So after all the fun in Race 1 and a decent finish in the points. I am thinking I will get crushed in race 2 as there is NOBODY this slow to race. The boys set off and Keith Barrick somehow cooks the rear tires in the CCX. So surprised that happened and the red viper gets collected up!

Race_Steam2009-03-1911-22-03-67.jpg

Thats me in the red R8 finally on the rightside of the road and giving a ton of room to the rest of us to get by.

after this I Lag stuff my car into a solid black/white post at T1 and the race is over! who the hell puts a solid post on a race course? there is an ARMCO barrier behind the posts for goodness sake! so while I am trying to get off the posts I get crushed by ther poor guy in the red viper and I believe he DNF's too.

Bonnie:So what s your take on this event Eric? Was it up to the billing?

Eric:It was fun! I would do it again in these cars and just try to hang on to a CCX I suppose....But if you did this again in a touring car where we could be equal and DRAFT like JEff Gordon it would be AWESOME!

LETS RACE WTCC 87! Thanks to Yves Larose( winner R1) and Race department for another creative fun event!

So are you done here Bonnie? how about that dinner and wine? we can go to my Motorcoach etc.....

Bonnie: What would we do there Eric?

Eric: oh I can think of a few things Bonnie. Come Tomorrow morning you'll either want to marry me........................or press Charges :rotfl:

BACK TO YOU DAVEY!

Nice race report Eric:)

Unfortunately ( and I think Peter knows this first hand, as well) the Viper was a seemingly poor choice for this course.

Nonono I loved it!!:D The only problem was that I sometimes lost concentration.(maybe due to 4 hours of sleeping only and that the event started 2:00AM for me:D)
In my opinion the Viper is a great car, not very fast in corners, and not as fast in straight as the Koenigsegg (very few cars are that fast tbh), but I love to drive it!

hee hee.. but it's a dry race?? :eat:

It is Dry, but i'm hungry for some wet stuff :D

Just done 15 laps 1,14,976 :dance2:
Gotta hate these curbs. Slowing right down.

Hard to nail ultimate lap then. I discovered tyres are catching temperature slowly which maked for me quite slippery open laps. So start of the race will be interesting. Last Corner is really interesting, U can drive round this turn using random racing line (inside or outside). Fun track but to be fast round u need to be all way long.

I do think 2 servers with 16 is a good idea, if only to give the slower drivers a chance to get to the front. It did me the world of good in the last triple header to be up front and even win a couple. It can be pretty demoralising being lapped week after week no matter how much you enjoy the race.

I think Neil`s suggestion of a pre qualifier is a good one, but how many would actually do it for fear of being 20th fastest which would put them probably last in the race, when they could have won on the second server.

Decisions, decisions.......... may do as Adz says and "add something saying if enough interest I will run 2 servers", keep the long list of names with the understanding that if it doesn`t reach 32 then the first 25-30(depending on track) will race with the remainder as reserves.

Also, people who sign up and no show without 24hours notice should only go on the reserve list for their next mini event. Controversial, but I have been on the reserve list for some events and missed the chance to race because of no shows.

Anyway, thats my thought and a long one it was too, so i am going for a lie down to rest my 1 remaining brain cell.

I think 16 cars is enough to be a nice event :eat: , as long as the drivers finishes their races no matter what .
About the pre-qualifying idea i don't think it would work properly because among others things like Bob sad my free time is limited ( as to many of you ) so sadly in most of the times i would skip the pre-qualifies .

Another idea is you have a Hotlap server setup from the time the event is announced, there is a Target time for Server #1 and Server #2. Say Server #1 has a target time of 1:20:00 and server #2 has a target time of 1:25:000.

So, if your time is 1:18:735 your in server #1 and if your time is 1:26:521 your in Server #2.

Just an idea to throw into the pit of.. ..ideas.

Yeah Peter I definitely enjoyed driving the car, I just could not keep up with the competition :)

That's only because almost everybody drove the CCX, and it's not in the same class. The Gumpert also, actually this track was the weakest point of that car, on any other track it's faster compared to these cars, due to it's good cornering abilities. The Audi, I don't know, it's slower in the straights but maybe it can make it up in corners where the Viper is really slow, but this track is not it's strongest point for sure:)

Edit: BTW I just thought about what car suits this track the best: the Caterham!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 78 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 57 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%