Alright when was that again.....?

I really wish F1 had nothing to do with countries like Russia, Bahrain, Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi. Horrible, autocratic nations with no human rights, just oil money greasing the palm of Ecclestone in the first instance. Grifting the last of their oil before the world converts to renewable energy and they return to being deserts. I've had the misfortune to visit Dubai and Doha in the last few years.

The entire USA seems to have forgotten that it was the Saudis that murdered almost 3,000 people on September 11th, 2001. Not the Iraqis, not the Iranians, not the Afghans.

Yet they are holding a Grand Prix this year, apparently. This seems to be fine with US owned Liberty Media. Money "trumps" morality it seems.

I doubt Lewis Hamilton will be relishing his visit to Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:
I really wish F1 had nothing to do with countries like Russia, Bahrain, Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi. Horrible, autocratic nations with no human rights, just oil money greasing the palm of Ecclestone in the first instance.

Nothing new I'm afraid. F1 raced in countries like Spain and Brazil when they were still military dictatorships. It raced in South Africa whilst the apartheid regime raged. It has even continued to race in the UK!

It's sadly kinda the nature of the beast. Yes, it's a popular sport, but it's always been a show-off tool for the rich and powerful first and foremost, be they nations throwing their power around or big corperations throwing their money around. It just so happens to be one that we enjoy watching.

Last edited:
RIP Sabine, we all will badly miss you and your wonderful smile and infectious attitude!

My condolences to her husband and family.

I literally just watched a wonderful German interview with her on the Alte Schule Youtube channel and I had no idea as so many of her long years battle with cancer.
Next to having had such a wonderful attitude she has been a true fighter with courage and strength well beyond imagination of many.
She will be a great example for many people to look up to. Think about that the next time something doesn't go exactly your way and you feel like you want to complain. Think what Sabine would have done.

It is indeed a very, very bad week for motorsports!
We lost Murray Walker, now Sabine, much, much too young and Manfred Kremer passed away as well (he was the genius engineer brother of the Kremer brothers who as a privateer single handedly have won Le Mans outright and went on to big fame with their super fast Porsche race cars in the 70's, 80's and 90's).

It was a terrible, terrible week for motorsports :-(

I'm not sure what your point is here.

The UK doesn't exactly have a clean record when it comes to human rights, just ask the Irish. It doesn't exactly have a clean record on being an oil state, just ask BP. Heck, it doesn't even have a clean record on funding militant islam, just ask a historian about Operation Cyclone. It's simply never been a concern for F1.

The UK is hardly alone in this ofc.

Last edited:
So a week has passed and several times trying to write my words about the sad news here.
I almost had left my teenage years before I heard Murray Walkers voice by the first time. That was during the British Grand Prix 1991 (afair) first time watching other live telly broadcast than from my native country. Was I into motorsports and F1 before that instantly grew to higher levels than before, hearing Murray Walker quirks and extremely enthusiastic voice. Later I gatheret much on VHS and still have some of it left.
I cannot describe how Walkers popular appeal influenced my own enthusiasm for motorsports and cars in general.

Instead of more talk and since this is mainly a simracing site, I think it's suitable making a tribute through F1-Sim-Racer modder team's work on a rF1 F1 1991 mod and some music of the time:

Murray Walker will never be forgotten.

Last edited:
Such an amazing person. Someone though I would have probably never have even known about, If it wasn't for youtube and the videos she had. Its so great we all had a chance to see the enthusiasm she had for motorsports, and the zest she had for life.
She loved what she did all the time, whether it was working with her horses and tractor or making another lap, and scaring yet another passenger in her taxi.
I'll choose to remember her smile, her skill behind the wheel, and how she got everything out of life while she was here.
I hope they do manage to name a turn after her, she deserves to be remembered.

....snip....
I hope they do manage to name a turn after her, she deserves to be remembered.
Doesn't matter if they do or not, as long as we and those who she loved and loved her carry her memory in our hearts she is not fully gone.

It was sad to hear a few days ago that she was gone, and came totally out of the left field for me. Just sad, that such a funny and down-to-earth person is gone. She was one of the few famous people that were real, "normal", no affectations of grandeur or want to grandstad. She lived her live on her own terms, and let no one intimidate her into doing what she did not want. She was fundamentally honest, she did not just talk the talk, she just walked the walk, often without even having talked the talk. ;)
Just did it, without making a great song and dance out of every minute step on the way.
And her typical Eifel Humour, a bit dry, a bit sarcastic, a bit dark occasionally, both self-depreciating and a bit of pulling your leg at times was so refreshing, given there are so few people in the public eye, especially in TV presenting that had it, especially the female ones.
She was a class act that is all to rare these days.

Last, but never least, she was good, damn good! Unlike quite a lot of presenters of any sex, not just a good looking/pretty face, but but someone with some honest to god skill, far more worthy of public recognition than someone like say Carmen Jorda.
Back to back wins at the 24h of the Nürburgring....two wins are not easy to get, for any driver, two back to back is an achievement that not a lot of drivers have achieved there. (P.S. if you want to look for her, look under her then married name of Reck.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back