Alright when was that again.....?

He was great everywhere. I remember when i was really young like two years old. My family took us to the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide. And he commenting on the V8's which was bloody awesome.

He'll be still watching from the best seats in the house.

R.I.P

11885762_1613332018941529_1571563294587320060_o.jpg

On March 16th, 2021, Sabine Schmitz lost her battle against cancer, aged 51.

A fan favourite not only on the racetrack, but also as a TV presenter, Sabine Schmitz had battled with cancer since 2017. A brief racing return saw her conquer the Nürburgring-Nordschleife one last time in 2019. Sadly, the illness returned, and on March 16th, the much-loved "Queen of the Nürburgring" lost her final race.

Sabine Schmitz made history as the first woman to win the 24 Hours of the Nürburgring in 1996. She would repeat that success a year later, and in 1998 became the first woman to win the Nürbringring-Langstrecken-Meisterschaft. She added another overall podium in 2008.

She found international fame following an appearance on Top Gear in 2004, attempting to beat Jeremy Clarkson's Nürburgring lap time, set in a Jaguar S-Type, at the wheel of a Ford Transit. She failed by nine seconds.

In 2016, following the departure of Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, she was selected to be part of the new presenting team for Top Gear.

She is survived by her partner Klaus Abbelen, with whom she founded and raced for the Frikadelli Racing Team.

33923542_2048963218711738_158413220103585792_n.jpg

RIP Sabine Schmitz

Last edited:
Truly sad news. Condolences to her family. Sabine's episodes on 'old' Top Gear were some of the best... smashing the Ring's record in that Ford Transit is still so epic to watch. All her achievements in the sport and attention for the fans. She was a true driver and will certainly be dearly remembered.

Passed too soon, I became familiar with the Green Hell due to watching her display her enormous talents at attacking it. Condolences to her family, friends and fans. RIP Ms. Schmitz

Bloomin Eck that came as a shock too the system as never knew she was ill with that horrible disease, fondly remember her Top Gear episodes, what a woman she was, achieved a lot in her short life, R.I.P. Sabine

I was unaware she was ill as well. Tremendous loss for the motorsport world. My condolences to her family and friends. She was such a constant and present figure on the Nordschleife, surely it won't ever feel the same.

It is just sad that someone so full of life should pass so young. Her enthusiasm for motorsport and her effervescent personality will be badly missed.

This is what I expect for 2021

Tier 1
  • Mercedes
Tier 2
  • Red Bull
Tier 3
  • McLaren
  • Ferrari
  • Aston Martin
  • Alpha Tauri
  • Alpine
Tier 4
  • Alfa Romeo
  • Williams
  • Haas
My feelings are you have an interesting race for the Tier 3 & 4 categories. Tier 1 & 2 racing are simply demonstration runs.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back