Alright when was that again.....?

Not being from and English speaking country I did not have the opportunity to grow up to his commentary, but from snippets I have seen and heard online later I know it must have been great. May he rest in peace, join the late racing drivers in heaven. Condolences to his family, friends and all the people who's passion to motorsport was created partly by his voice.

Alpine currently has the lead, LOL - it's a mess. But in all honestly all the liveries are a bit crap this season.

I went for Mclaren as I really like the colour scheme in general, but I had a tough time deciding between that and Mercedes - I think Mercedes is the cleanest, but really they're all rather cluttered.
you who put the McLaren mdr the worst colours that can be there, orange and blue...it's a blind man who made the mix or they will lose a bet? :D

Last edited:
Absolute legend. I grew up listening to him commentate F1 and it was never the same after he retired. No other commentator has come close to capturing the same enthusiasm, and reading through those "Murryisms" brought back good memories and still make me laugh.

RIP Mr Walker.

Edit: ^^"I'm going for first"... legend. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited:
The word legend is thrown about far too much these days, but this man deserves that tag. Grew up watching him during my youth, he made F1 on the BBC and ITV.

A few years back whilst at the Goodwood Revival I saw the man himself sitting on some steps, never plucked up the courage to say hello and always regretted it.

He has been missed from our TV's for many years but always in our hearts, that will never change for me. RIP Murray Walker, bloody love you.

Is it a sad day when Murray lives to 97, If I live to 97, I will be delighted.
What can you say about Murray Walker? The soundtrack to Formula One since I got interested in 1991. Like an excited toddler with that voice, making the first 30 seconds of a Grand Prix the most exciting event in the world every two weeks. I love the man and his enthusiasm. He has accompanied the best and worst moments of my favourite sport. I remember watching a piece about him and James Hunt sharing a mic so they wouldn't talk over each other, fighting for the microphone. James sitting down for the start, with Murray on his tiptoes.

Moments I remember: Patrese flipping in Portugal
Senna crashing into Mansell:
Hill winning in Suzuka:

Am I sad? Now I am sad. RIP Murray Walker.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.2%