RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

Murray Walker Passes Away

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Did he get the vaccine? My sister in law is a nurse and they're seeing huge issues with it.
RIP Murray!

If I remember right, he had a phonecall with Murray, and asked how he was. The answer from Murray: "Well, not very well actually, but I don't want to bore you with that. Tell me what's going on in F1". So I don't think it was entirely unexpected with that in mind.

He was great everywhere. I remember when i was really young like two years old. My family took us to the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide. And he commenting on the V8's which was bloody awesome.

He'll be still watching from the best seats in the house.

R.I.P

Alex Harkett

Premium
Murray was a massive reason I love motorsport so much. I’m so glad that I was lucky enough to hear him so often on my tv while growing up. He will never been forgotten. RIP

So a week has passed and several times trying to write my words about the sad news here.
I almost had left my teenage years before I heard Murray Walkers voice by the first time. That was during the British Grand Prix 1991 (afair) first time watching other live telly broadcast than from my native country. Was I into motorsports and F1 before that instantly grew to higher levels than before, hearing Murray Walker quirks and extremely enthusiastic voice. Later I gatheret much on VHS and still have some of it left.
I cannot describe how Walkers popular appeal influenced my own enthusiasm for motorsports and cars in general.

Instead of more talk and since this is mainly a simracing site, I think it's suitable making a tribute through F1-Sim-Racer modder team's work on a rF1 F1 1991 mod and some music of the time:

Murray Walker will never be forgotten.

Last edited: