Multiple tracks

Is there any way that you can roll over to another track on Assetto Corsa when you have finished the race instead of racing the same track again? Its a pain when you have found a good server to have to leave and join another to race a different track. RFactor manage it, does it have a future with Assetto Corsa???

From what I heard a server can only cycle tracks for servers with booking. But since non-booking mode was put, all servers don't use booking any more, all free to join without waiting time. Maybe one or two still use booking.

I think your right. you can select as many cars as you want but only one track. unless i to am missing something.
No, if you set the server up with multiple tracks listed, irrespective of booking or pick-up mode, the server will cycle through to the next track once the race is completed from the previous session.

So in the config file you'd put:
TRACK=monza;spa;vallelunga

Once the Monza session is completed, it will go to Spa. Once that's completed, it will go to Vallelunga.

No, if you set the server up with multiple tracks listed, irrespective of booking or pick-up mode, the server will cycle through to the next track once the race is completed from the previous session.

So in the config file you'd put:
TRACK=monza;spa;vallelunga

Once the Monza session is completed, it will go to Spa. Once that's completed, it will go to Vallelunga.
Had a go at this. just kicks me straight out when i try to start the server. Runs a single track fine. just seems strange if its that easy why there isn't a couple of server at least running multiple tracks. will keep trying though. Thanks:cry:

Had a go at this. just kicks me straight out when i try to start the server. Runs a single track fine. just seems strange if its that easy why there isn't a couple of server at least running multiple tracks. will keep trying though. Thanks:cry:
Oh. Hmmm. It should in theory work with pick up mode. But perhaps it doesn't.
I know that it definitely works with booking mode.

Unfortunately when you attempt to use multiple tracks in pickup mode the server will not load until you reduce the tracks down to one. I was hoping that Kunos would change this but no. It might be possible to create a script that changes the config file every x number of minutes (using powershell) so that when the session restarts it loads the new track. I was going to look into this further a couple of months ago but hoped somebody else (Kunos) would sort it!!!

yep. think i might have to revert back to Rfactor. The game is right up there with the best but its a real bug bear to have to come right out of the game and completely start a fresh to load a new track on your server. doesn't give you a good name either if people happen to be racing at the time.

Thats fine if your life style allows this. Mines a bit complicated so there are 4 of us who sometimes manage to get on for a couple of hours on a Friday night. I like many love my racing but have little time to enjoy it. Pickup races are the easiest way to get a quick game in. It would just be so much simpler to be able to stay on one server and rotate tracks. Admitted its the luck of the draw as to if you get some people who want to enjoy a race or the odd idiot who's out to wreck it. If you could rotate tracks i would run my own. But hey hum. This is by far the best sim for feed back on the wheel, so who am i to complain. Its still early days. Maybe one day it will happen. Fingers crossed;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%