Multiplayer setup

hi, is it possible yet to use the AMS dedicated server app?
Can someone kindly post some instructions on how to run a server on the same PC as I run AMS?
Basically I want to be able to set up a server and gave others be able to join.

Cheers in advance

Look at the Steam manual for Automobilista when you go to 'start' the game through Steam and then look at 'Setting up Firewall to Host'

After you've done all the settings you start the Dedicated Server through Steam, then start the game by going to the Automobilista Folder and AMS.exe

EDIT: Forgot to mention, then on Multiplayer option in the game, click on the '+' icon. It should already have the 127.0.0.0 address. Click ok and your server will appear in the game browser list. Select the server and connect.

I did copy that last bit of information but can't remember where from, so no credit to me for the info.

That's what I've done but haven't fully tested it yet.

Last edited:
Thanks Paul it works (at least from my side),
I followed the manual to open ports on my firewall (already did this) then the critical bit was to start the game from the folder and not by trying to join using steam.
Once started I clicked the + button in the multiplayer section and 127.0.0.1 was listed.
I'll test it now and see if anyone joins. 57 it's called.
Thanks mate

I'm at the same stage as you now, showing up on server list and I can enter the game on the same PC. Just need to get others to test.

I checked to see if all ports were opening and they were not! Fixed now.:)

Last edited:
Just in case it didn't work for you Dan.

Mate of mine couldn't get into server at first, so I opened a few more ports (below) which seemed to do the trick, works fine now.

Steam was online and I started Dedicated server through that. Could also see my server on the Steam server list. Then joined game on same PC by going into Automobilista Folder and AMS.exe clicking the + button in the multiplayer section and 127.0.0.1

AMS Dedicated.exe TCP 34747
AMS Dedicated.exe UDP 49632
Matchmaker TCP 40001
Matchmaker UDP 40002

Not sure if they're all needed.

Last edited:
Thanks, I also have the matchmaker ports open as I read that somewhere before.
I'll check without the top two ports first then add them if needed. My brother would normally test this for me but he's out.
I'm confident it will work eventually as my main problem was the fact that steam thought AMS was running already when the the dedicated server started so I could never actually join the server. Now you told me to run the game from the folder I think it's a go!
Cheers again

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years